Brute's rebuild(s)

nice build, get new front tires on it, in the process paint the rims,and spray all the plastics again its starting to chip bad.........other wise it looks like its going good!!!

I need different shocks. Just have stock, But they'll be my first upgrade as far as I'm concernd, just to stiff and jarring. Do like the Works a lot or they just way better then stock?

I love them, they are soo smooth and work great for the rough.

I agree, its time to repaint the stuff. I will end up pulling the tires off the rims, sand blasting them, then repainting them (or powder coating them, or just keeping them silver and just throwing on a clear coat) to get better adhesion than the PO got. The plastics arent doing too bad for being only painted (no primer) a few years back. I will probably stick to the flat black though, goes with the seat

Got the bumper today! Slapped her on then mounted up the number plate :D

0416101936.jpg

0416101936a.jpg

Also got the first bit of a new project in the works :p More details to come :D

0416102132.jpg

On a side note, my friends KX250 is finished. Has a brand new Wiseco top end kit and some VF3's in her now. Just started the break in today, gonna get some more headway on that tomorrow.

0416102136.jpg

still waiting to get my number assignment from the race series :/

I finally got around to check the year of the chassis i got, its a 1988 :p. One weird thing i found was that the brake and clutch levers were on opposite sides of the newer ones! (right perch was clutch, left was front brakes and the levers were designed to fit like that)

Got the numbers mounted up, and since i repainted the plastics i threw on some fresh stickers that came with my registration card.

0423102020.jpg

0423102020a.jpg

0424101337.jpg

I had some spare numbers on hand, so i decided to make my truck easier to find in the pits, lol.

0424101311.jpg

First race is may 1st, i plan on picking up some new hand grips before then. I will mark this as the stopping point for part one :p

i picked it up off my friend for a very good price, i will have to look it up.

On another note, i have a DG skid that i need to get some mounts for. For some reason i thought it was OEM until i found out that the blaster did not come with a skid XD. The bottom of my chassis is starting to get beat up so its a bit of a priority at the moment.

yeah...a skidplate is on my list too. the bottom of my frame is already pretty nicked and dinged from the PO

i just got off the phone with DG, i got mounts on the way and i should have them by the end of the week! Just in time too :p Now i just gotta pick up them hand grips...

I had one of those "I wonder..." moments while i was out in the shop tearing down my YZ, how's this look for a future project :p

0503101750.jpg

That frame is going to be used for my 250 build, but i think if i get another frame i would totally use it to go through with it.

On another note, i forgot to take pictures of my skid while i was out there XD

It would make for an interesting experimant. But like the idea of like a fat cat rear, and use a atv tire in back.

I FINALLY remembered to take a pic of the skid while i was out in the shop, not the best pic but its there.

0505101808.jpg

EDIT: Guess the pic turned out better than i thought, haha

had my first race today, it was short lived. Ended up injuring my knee so it cut my day very short. I was doing pretty good until the sh*t hit the fan, lol. Now i got some time to get my suspension worked out, haha.