bogs after air filter cleaning

blaster003

May 13, 2014
i cleaned my filter and intake today and oiled my filter very lightly. Now it bogs bad. took the air filter off ran it down the drive way and it had soo much more power no bogging! anyone have ideas.

fmf powercore 2
280 main
stock pilot
kandn air filter
no lid

feels like rich bog since it ran a million times better with the air filter removed
airscrew 1.5

floats getting stuck perhaps.
that is weird if you cleaned filter then it made it worse.
list mods and main jet pilot jet anything else that comes to mind lol
stail gas/sucking in airfilter oil ect
is filter dry? i like to dry mine with a hair dryer:)
if anyone has ever put a wet filter on and started a engine up you will know what i meano_O

Just the fmf silencer? not the pipe? Than that 280 may be to large, what elevation and temps

i have a fmf gold series fatty expansion chamber with the powercore 2 and I used maxima air filter oil

You cannot use foam filter oil on a gauze K&N filter. You must use K&N filter oil.
And vice versa....cannot use oil designed for gauze filters on a foam filter.

Get yourself a K&N filter recharge kit, clean your filter and use the correct oil and your troubles should cease.

Got the kandn re charger kit and re cleaned it and lightly oiled it still runs bad stated turning the airscrew out from 1.5 and runs a little better but not the best anyone got any other ideas?

Got the kandn re charger kit and re cleaned it and lightly oiled it still runs bad stated turning the airscrew out from 1.5 and runs a little better but not the best anyone got any other ideas?

clean your carb, it's prolly slimed with the maxima oil the K&N allowed to just flow right thru.

how many turns out is the airscrew now ?
2 to 2-1/2 is fine

It's at the middle slot still not running right

then move it. always richen first....
move clip down 1 position to raise needle and richen it to see if it helps.
if it gets worse, move it to the clip 1 slot above where it currently is to lean it a little.

Cleaned the carb and the airscrew is at 1 turns out runs good still seems like it could run better

Carb tuning is a process that requires patience. What rpm range is it running better/worse? That can help us tell you what to adjust.

Idle-1/4 throttle is pilot/air screw adjustment
1/4-3/4 throttle is needle adjustment
3/4-WOT is main adjustment.

bogs at 1/2 / 3/4 throttle. is there any way i can get more airflow i already have air box vents and lid removed. I ran it with no air filter down the driveway and it had way better throttle response and more torque

Cleaned the carb and the airscrew is at 1 turns out runs good still seems like it could run better
Did you remove pilot jet and confirm you can see through it? It's a really tiny hole. Did you make sure that compressed air will flow through ALL passages?
What did you use to clean the filter the second time? Was it dry before you used the K&N oil?

Never good idea to run without air filter, even just a rip down drive.

Did you pull the emulsion/main jet tube and confirm it's clean?