Bogging issue

gambino

May 28, 2010
It starts run revs fine in neutral. Shift it into first and it bogs and dies when I gun it. But if I shift into first and gas it easy it builds up speed and goes but will bog oIt starts run revs fine in neutral. Shift it into first and it bogs and dies when I gun it. But if I shift into first and gas it easy it builds up speed and goes but will bog out driving up hill or any stressfull Lil hills ut driving up hill or any stressfull Lil hills I can drive straight no problem I really can't explain it better then that

I have cleaned and re built the carb new plug. Could it be reeds maybe? if so what do I look for when inspecting the reeds? Any help like get on the trails soon

Well I pulled out reeds and there's a Lil bend in them. nothing really they don't sit flat should they sit flat? Man I need get this thing fixed help me please

the reeds should close the whole way and sit flat, did you check for airleaks?? airscrew have the o-ring on it, carb cap tight and have it's gasket in there??, and did you put the brass washer back under the main jet???
floats adjusted correctly?? < 20 - 21.5 mm to the top from where the gasket would sit

Sounds like a jetting issue, carb/blockage issue, etc.

Try pulling your airbox lid and air filter out, does it rev out and get on the pipe now while riding??? (just try for a minute to see if it revs, if so let us know, and do not continue to run it like this)

No same thing bogs when I shift into first without air box. The carb is put back together right. I don't understand it drive fine if I rev it hard drop the clutch it will take off but if I go up a hill it dies or looses power.

I had the carb acid wash and rebuilt when I bought it thinking that was the issue but to no avil it wasn't that.

It is struggling under load, check the piston out, pull head and inspect. Even if a proper compression reading is coming back you may SEE something different, do a visual inspection, may have some damage, usually the culprit when the machine suffers under load.

Sounds like something else other than the carb, but definitely still seems like fuel/air related, weird...

I got over a100psi on compression I was told to check the needle and I moved that a knotch and it seems to have fix the problem.

put it in neutral and turn the gas off. burn some gas out of the carb and go for a ride. about 30 seconds before the carb runs out of fuel get on the throttle and tell me if it is still bogging. this will take a little trial and error to test. be patiant. also pull the choke out on a cold start and see if it will start period. then while running pull the choke out and see if it kills the engine

adjust the needle....miine had the same issue and it cleard it right up...it sounds like ur running rich so drop the needle down a notch and try that c if it helps...if it gets worse go the other way with it....one notch at a time will work....when mine was acting up like that all mine took was one notch and try turning ur air screw on the left side out a quarter turn at a time