BLASTER PARTS FOR SALE

looks like i has a few more scratches for my taste my 4 wheeler is mint, plus i just found where i can get a new one for $15 plus the seal like 8 bucks.

Ok man. Yea it has been sitting in my garage forever it didn't look that bad before but i guess after being moved around everywhere it gets scratched up

Does the Hydraulic rear caliper come with the master cylinder????

And also do u know how hard it is to mount this on an older style Blaster???? Not just a simple answer but rather some directions or possiably a link to someone who has or knows.....

All you would really have to do is fab a bracket that goes from the one front hole to the caliper, The rear should bolt up but the front won't then you just fab a bracket how ever long you need it an drill holes in it an bolt it up.

I do not have the master cylinder. just the pads, 03- up mounting bracket an caliper

The caliper will not mount on a pre 03 blaster axle carrier. They are totally different. You need a banshee, warrior or 03+ carrier from a blaster. Now there is another catch when swapping the carrier.The axle from the Banshee, warrior, and 03+ blaster is held to the axle carrier on the right side with the disc brake hub. On the older style blaster hub there is a big ring that holds the axle to the carrier and the brake disc floats. Of course they both use big nuts on the left side. So you need a Carrier, axle, and disc brake hub from one of the three bikes i mentioned, plus the caliper and master cylinder. You could try to cut the bracket off your carrier and fabricate but believe me it will be harder then you think. The eisiest way to go to rear hydraulic brakes is to just buy the trenga rear brake kit. It is about $375( I've found them on ebay for about half that). In the long run it will save you time, money,and head ache. Chasing parts gets stressful, and fabricating doesn't always turn out the way you want.

That's alot of money to pay just for that when all you need is some half ass decent welding an fab. skills. Trust me to fab a bracket up is much easier then you think. it might be time consuming but hey look at it like this your saving 375 dollars that you could put torwards porting, head shaved, flywheel lightning.........ect. Just my opinion but i do understand not everyone is a great welder an fabricator. An some people do not have access to the tools.

Well everyone wants a +2,4 axle and why not a banshee axle. By the time you pull the carrier on a stock blaster cut the bracket and weld another bracket on a few inches over and towards the front, the inside of the carrier is shot from the heat. Now lets repaint the carrier. Now you need to buy a bearing and seal kit. $40. lets hope the center spacer is still good. $40. Now you need to chase down a master cylinder $40(Used). Now lets hope your weld holds up on the carrier. Now lets chase down a brake line and fabricate another bracket on the frame. Now lets see if we can find a caliper(which you have).how much you want for it is a mistery. Now lets see how good our welds look. Now lets paint the whole frame were we fabricated a master cylinder bracket. I'm a damn good fabricater but i know when to spend the money and do it right rather then backyard it together. I own my own 230 hobart gas welder. So there you have my idea on the whole situation. And the extreme heat from the weld kills your bearings and can warp the carrier. Also you cannot have a floating disc and a floating caliper together unless you like high speed wobble under extreme braking. So now your out total $150 fabricating and you have a junkyard brake system, give or take a few dollars. I just seen the kit i was talking about on ebay for $270(and it is a nice set up with a dual piston caliper). All you need to do if you don't want to spend the money on that brake kit is buy a used banshee axle with the carrier together( which I just seen 3 of on ebay for $9.99 with no reserve that you could probably get for well under a $100), buy your caliper and find a master cylinder. Then bolt it on. Now you have a hydraulic rear brake and a +2 axle. That sounds easier and more cost effective to me. So take it how you want. He asked if anyone has done it and I have. So I gave him directions to do it the right way. If it is so easy to fab this then put it on your bike I see your still running the stock cable operated caliper.

You see i'm still running stock? if you have not yet read my list of mods i have hydraulics buddy. After you do all that your still left fab. something up on your frame, you got to have a place to mount the resvoir an you have to mount the master cylinder somewhere. Now the only way gettin around that is buying the kit. So there for even if you do, do your lil banshee bearing carrier an axle swap your still stuck scratching your head wondering where your gonna mount the res. an the master cylinder.

So your still fabricating something, if you could fabricate that i'm almost positive you can fabricate a mounting bracket.

I understand your case. But the deal with the rear caliper mount is the caliper has to mount closer to the center of the carrier with the hydraulic caliper and that stock mount is in the way. It would have to be removed then the only option is to weld. You still need to figure out a way to solid mount either the disc or the caliper. I know there are many ways to do things and yours is one thats not bad, but i think my way is a better option for appeal and reliability. My own opinion. No hard feelings. Just a couple die hards trying to proove a point. LOL......

The caliper isn't new the brake pads are almost new. i got a mechanical brake an hydraulic i want 50 shipped for the hydraulic with mounting bracket for 03 an up an brake pads.