Blaster not shifting

Joewaldr

Oct 30, 2018
Hello blaster community, so I was out riding yesterday and came across a hill that is notorious for being a pain in the a$$.. none of my dirt bikes were ever able to make it up due to the steep in long big rocks excessive mud etc. So I decided to try the quad on it.. it went up it like a tank however to my dismay when I got the top of the hill I hit a nice sized root which put me in a huge wheelie and before I could get to the back brake i flipped backwards the quad rolled about 7 times tumbling back down the hill and once i rather myself i got back on and decided to turn home as i was alone. Once i got out of the woods and onto the road i realized i wasnt able to shift past 2nd gear. Long story short I pulled the motor took off the casing thinking I bent a shift fork or something along those lines.. what i found was the plastic gear(assuming the drive for the water pump?) Had shattered in the tumble so the whole casing was filled with tiny plastic shards i also found a small mystery pin that I'm not sure what it goes too once i cleaned everything out i can see it shifting fine now however before i put it all back together i want too see if anyone knows what this pin is.. I did find the return spring on the gear selector is broken as well but it dosent appear to go to that as this pin isnt sheared in anyway.. any help would be greatly appreciated, also do I replace the gear to the water pump? Is there a delete kit I cam get to remove it completely so I dont have to worry about the circlips coming loos

Attachments

• 15432763047563844882831498828641.jpg
    15432763047563844882831498828641.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 163
Hello blaster community, so I was out riding yesterday and came across a hill that is notorious for being a pain in the a$$.. none of my dirt bikes were ever able to make it up due to the steep in long big rocks excessive mud etc. So I decided to try the quad on it.. it went up it like a tank however to my dismay when I got the top of the hill I hit a nice sized root which put me in a huge wheelie and before I could get to the back brake i flipped backwards the quad rolled about 7 times tumbling back down the hill and once i rather myself i got back on and decided to turn home as i was alone. Once i got out of the woods and onto the road i realized i wasnt able to shift past 2nd gear. Long story short I pulled the motor took off the casing thinking I bent a shift fork or something along those lines.. what i found was the plastic gear(assuming the drive for the water pump?) Had shattered in the tumble so the whole casing was filled with tiny plastic shards i also found a small mystery pin that I'm not sure what it goes too once i cleaned everything out i can see it shifting fine now however before i put it all back together i want too see if anyone knows what this pin is.. I did find the return spring on the gear selector is broken as well but it dosent appear to go to that as this pin isnt sheared in anyway.. any help would be greatly appreciated, also do I replace the gear to the water pump? Is there a delete kit I cam get to remove it completely so I dont have to worry about the circlips coming loos
Edit I did a little research and it looks like that's the oin to the oil pump and I should probably just do the oil pump block off kit being that I'm not using it.. looks like I answered my own question lol I gotta start doing research before I waste your time appreciate it anyways!