Blaster Dilemma

MNY_PIT

Apr 14, 2009
So I have 2 blasters –
91 completely custom powder coat purple and black, newer style plastics, no compression – ran lean somewhere while my wife was riding it and it hard seized the top end so needs a new top end at the least if not the bottom as well. She now rides a Raptor 660
The second is a 95, this is the bike my son rides. Stock plastics, motor, suspension; it runs ok but is low on power. I know it’s running a bit rich but that’s all I have checked so far.

My dilemma is what to do about them or with them. My son is 11 and rides the blaster ok but he has been bugging to crap out of me wanting a newer bike (raptor 250 or z400 a bit later) I don’t know if I want to spend the money to get both of these bikes running the way they should be or not. By the time I put the money into them I could have bought the raptor 250 or the z400.

Options:
1. Part them out and be done with it.
2. Get them both running a little better and sell as is.
3. Fix the 91 and sell it to do a full build on the 95

What to do?

i like the 3rd option, you dont really make much parting out a mostly stock bike. are there any nice a/m goodies on the '91?

Fix em both and sell or not. A new top-end will only run $200 parts+ machine work. The 95 would probably be free. And tell your son that a mildly built blaster will walk all over a Raptor 250. Actually a stock blaster will walk all over one.

Both bikes are stock. The 91 does have tons of custom powder coating, everything has been done. hub to hub, axle to bumper is powder coated, I will post a picture when I get home. Also... nothing at my house gets done mildly. If we build one it will be 240, +3 stroker and all the goodies, and would probably get some Raptor style plastics to put on it. I don't know a lot about these bikes so I would be learning how to do it as I tore into them. This is more what I am used to - Turbo MR2

You picked a good handle then>>Money Pit> I can so relate!

It sounds like the 91 is the one to keep as long as that purple isn't really lavender.
May I suggest the LA Sleeve Kit as a starting point?
L.A.SLEEVE Store
This is an awesome cylinder.

Suspension is a must, too, and a whole 'nother subject.