Big doubts on a 240cc kit

kennedy can do that install for you. but shipping may be $$$$. thats not normally what a BB sleeve should be.....i didnt know they made that type for blasters.........

wow, that sucks dude....did you just order it, or ask any ?'s first?

No i didnt ask, i assumed just like you that a BB sleeve kit should be a 240 with some thickness for more bores. like a stock sleeve.
And youre right about the shipping$$

Good write up O'Connor! You beat me to it.

Azores,
What you have is called a "thick" sleeve. They are built that way so one sleeve part number can service a wider variety of applications, it keeps tooling costs down for the sleeve manufacturer and in the end parts costs down for the consumer. That is a good quality sleeve and piston. The piston is Teflon coated for wear resistance during break in and boost ported. I actually like this piston design better than the 72mm Wiseco's that were sent with this kit in the past. And as O'Connor said, every sleeve has to be bored to fit the piston. And as a note for future consumers, I don't recommend a sleeve job as an upgrade to a serviceable stock cylinder...It in my opinion is a viable option if you are on your last bore and the cylinder is otherwise garbage.
-Brandon

Reactions: REEDracing94
i think in your case since you are limited on what you are able to do becasue of shipping, i woulda went with a bolt on kit......always good to ask ?'s first before purchasing....some of us learn the hard way....

i think in your case since you are limited on what you are able to do becasue of shipping, i woulda went with a bolt on kit......always good to ask ?'s first before purchasing....some of us learn the hard way....

Me to bro, i just learn it the hard way.
This is going to take some work but at least i have a spare cylinder and head, so ill work that one and when its done (if everything goes well)ill replace the my current top end and this way ill have two runing engines.
I apreciate Oconnor´s help and thank for youre words to Wildcard, i feel a lot better knowing this aint a crapy kit.

HMG i just realized i got the winter rebuild flu that some you guys are talking about... lol

I will have some updates on a near future... Have to install a 4+mm hotrod crank, new seals and berings, work that 240 kit, find a boot for a 38mm pwk, try to tune that 38pwk, and some other small things.
Just installed a new Procurcuit 304, looks great and best of all no mods needed to fit the B1 pipe i have :)

Last edited:
I know this is a very old thread but I ran across some interesting info yesterday. At present, LA Sleeve only offers 3 different sleeves for Blasters and Wiseco only offers one. They may have had more in the past. Could be another company like Advanced, who knows.

Part number YA-5035 is for a standard bore and can be bored to 68.25 mm.

Part number YA-5035H is a heavy duty sleeve that's used to repair cylinders with broken skirts and can only be bored out to 68.25 mm as well.

Part number YA-5035B is the big bore sleeve. It's inside diameter is about .035” smaller than the 72mm piston.

You may have gotten the YA-5035H sleeve. If you did, you can't run the 72MM piston as the cylinder sleeve is made to repair the stock bore. This is what LA Sleeve advises.

I found a site advertising the same type of claim and they state it's the heavy duty sleeve to repair broken skirts or bore to 240 but no mention of part numbers. I sent him e-mail and asked what the number is. We'll see what he says.

Yamaha YFS200 Blaster Cylinder Sleeve HD 240cc kit: eBay Motors (item 130373737694 end time Jul-09-10 10:14:13 PDT)

Blasterazores,

Was the sleeve ever installed?

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know the part numbers or who makes them but i think its advanced sleeve makes thick sleeves for banshee and blasters,its basically a very think sleeve that has a stock bore as the first bore but can be bored all the way to the 72mm big bore. i know for a fact that some banshee sleeved are like that. another thing is that a dt200 as you may know is bascially a water cooled blaster enging that was in a street bike. the cylinders on the dt200 start at 66mm(same as blasters) and finish at 73mm, same stroke and pin height as a blaster but the wrist pin is narrower but still 16mm pin. ive ran the wossner dt200 72mm piston before just had to machine the inside so the standard wrist pin bearings fit, it also will not have anywindows in them, i machined them in as well similar to the piston that blasterazores got. so i think its the "thick" sleeve, if they gave you a 72mm piston after installing the sleeve alot of usable bores will be bored out to get you to 72mm.

i dont know the part numbers or who makes them but i think its advanced sleeve makes thick sleeves for banshee and blasters,its basically a very think sleeve that has a stock bore as the first bore but can be bored all the way to the 72mm big bore. i know for a fact that some banshee sleeved are like that. another thing is that a dt200 as you may know is bascially a water cooled blaster enging that was in a street bike. the cylinders on the dt200 start at 66mm(same as blasters) and finish at 73mm, same stroke and pin height as a blaster but the wrist pin is narrower but still 16mm pin. ive ran the wossner dt200 72mm piston before just had to machine the inside so the standard wrist pin bearings fit, it also will not have anywindows in them, i machined them in as well similar to the piston that blasterazores got. so i think its the "thick" sleeve, if they gave you a 72mm piston after installing the sleeve alot of usable bores will be bored out to get you to 72mm.

this is not correct, the DT cant have a 72mm and up big bore piston unless you pin off the powervalve

the larger piston will actually hit the powervalve at a certain RPM

Reactions: jus_me
This is what came in it.

SDC11307.jpg

SDC11308.jpg

SDC11309.jpg
I have an 05 blaster bored to a 240 and it runs awesome. But the cylinder was done I didn't get the Vito setup. I'd ship old cylinder off and have it done the performance from stock to what I have now is a huge difference.

Reactions: Awk08
OConnor Racing you just saved my day I:I
Priceless info.
Thank you very much for this, this info is going straight to the printer and in to the hands of the shop ho is gona do the work.

About the price on machine work... im in Portugal.
A shop will only charge you 60-100$ to do your cylinder. I think you'll like it better then Vito big bore kit. I'll get some pics today we have 3 blasters. All have different setups. You'll enjoy the power difference for sure.

A shop will only charge you 60-100$ to do your cylinder. I think you'll like it better then Vito big bore kit. I'll get some pics today we have 3 blasters. All have different setups. You'll enjoy the power difference for sure.

Attachments

• received_1291796330860265.jpeg
    received_1291796330860265.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 225