BF Mafia call to arms!

Blaner

Your Friendly South African Ambassador
Mar 26, 2008
East London, South Africa
Ok, this dude is selling a YZ 125 frame with a so called "blaster air cooled motor" now at first I was "Oh wow, thats cool!" but upon further inspection i found that hang on, this is not a blaster motor! in fact i dont know what it is!

Clutch arm is on the wrong side, the head has a frame mount bolt hole, the reed/intake casting of the jug is angled too far down, the clutch cover is different and so is the flywheel cover.

Here it is.

Yamaha 200cc - Eastern Cape motorcycle, motorbike, scooter for sale - Gumtree Eastern Cape Free Classifieds

click on enlarge image...

He is not charging a lot R3500 is about $448 but still, nothing grates me more than bad seller information!

perhaps that's an it200 engine? i dunno much about the older yamahas, but for 448 bucks i'd try it though.

there is also an air cooled DT 175's.....possible ??

haha !!!!!
a 1981 yz125 was right side drive, seen here................

i5t6jb.jpg

(paulieb is gonna need a few moments alone !!! )

seen here also............

Yamaha YZ125 Gallery

this is the yamaha page, pretty cool to look down thru all the vintage yamaha's
Yamaha Classic Motorcycles

heres the homepage, chock full of every make vintage bikes !!!!!........
Classic and Vintage Motorcycles, Scooters and Mopeds

ok Awk, thats the motor but look at the swingarm...your 81 pic has a triangular effect while this guys bike does not. also the fit between the tank and the seat is different. the number board is also on the opposite side.

maybe a newer year that retained the air cooled motor?

However, it is not a blaster motor!

yeah,the pic i posted was just confirming, if even only to myself, that yami did indeed actually make a right side drive
could be a different year