Banshee Repair NJ?

supastar2

Nov 14, 2012
UK
I have a 98 Banshee also. I am alright with my blaster as far as maintenance goes. The Banshee is a whole different game to me. Is there anyone in jersey shore or somewhere close that can help?
Issues:
-Put on Pro Circut full pipes & now backfires.
-Leaking oil either from shifter seal or hairline crack in case (Weld or swap cases,I have an extra)

Let me know.
Thanks-

If you're talking for plug chop 5th should be good. What jets you have in it now? Most pipes use 27.5 pilot. Main will be up around 300. Maintenance is no different, just two cylinders. Is choke crossover tube on? Are slides in correct carb?

If I lived farther north, I'd come over and get ya running again. But since I doubt you'll want to bring the shee down to North Carolina, the best advice I can offer is to check and re-check the carbs. As Larry said, be sure your choke crossover tube is attached, and that both carb slides open at the same time when you work the throttle. You need a vacuum synch tool to get them 100% right, but you can get it pretty close by watching both sides work and adjusting the carb cap ferrule on one side or the other to bring the slides into unison motion.

Also, check your reeds on both cylinders. It is possible you have a broken reed on one side. A twin cylinder engine will run on only one cylinder if the "good" cylinder is still in working order. The dead cylinder hangs on like a broken leg and causes problems, but the engine will often still go.

Oh, and pull both your spark plugs and check the gap. A piece of carbon lodged between the electrodes will cause all sorts of headaches. And don't think that just because the plugs are new, they are good. I have seen multiple new spark plugs get dropped off the shelf, resulting in a smashed ground electrode and therefore little or no gap. Even NGK plugs...which come with a protective cardboard cylinder around the firing end to stop just this problem....can get bent.