Anyone know about extended swingarms?

adamb81

Jan 21, 2011
I'm considering a +4 swap. Are these direct bolt on or do I have to cut/weld?
Is there a post on how to install these? I've searched here for 2 days and came up empty. Never done it before so please excuse the noob questions. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

direct swap if your installing an arm thats allready extended 4 inches. u just need to lengthen the chain and barke cable or hose if its a hydro brake setup. i dont recomend extending a stock arm unless your using one of stroked taters his are the only ones ive seen that look like theyll hold up

direct swap if your installing an arm thats allready extended 4 inches. u just need to lengthen the chain and barke cable or hose if its a hydro brake setup. i dont recomend extending a stock arm unless your using one of stroked taters his are the only ones ive seen that look like theyll hold up

If you ever seen my tig welded +4 you would see another swing arm that will never break and i guarantee that .

If you ever seen my tig welded +4 you would see another swing arm that will never break and i guarantee that .

didnt mean to ofend ya jay i meant most people who try to do it cobble them up and could hurt themselves and i was also refering to ones that are actively being sold like taters is

heres one my buddy who is a welder did for me
shock mount had not been made yet when i took the picture. thing was strong as hell and looked stock

Attachments

• stretched.jpg
    stretched.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 251
442, i'll buy one pre-made to that length. Thanks for your advice!!
mmajay, the pic on your post, is that a 4" extension? The quad in that pic is the exact look im going for. I only ride trails so I don't need anything too high-performance.
I'm a noob, obviously hehe. I didn't even know how powerful the Blaster was before I bought it!
Is it a hard install for an amateur mechanic? I can do basic mechanic work but i'm wondering if I should just take it to a shop.

didnt mean to ofend ya jay i meant most people who try to do it cobble them up and could hurt themselves and i was also refering to ones that are actively being sold like taters is

No offence taken. Most likely when time allows i will make some purty ones for sale that are 100% tig welded and no grinding of welds necessary that look like dimes stacked at all welds and i will give 100% warranty. My work will slow at some point to be able to offer some other options.

Trust me i seen tators work and i would buy one myself.

442, i'll buy one pre-made to that length. Thanks for your advice!!
mmajay, the pic on your post, is that a 4" extension? The quad in that pic is the exact look im going for. I only ride trails so I don't need anything too high-performance.
I'm a noob, obviously hehe. I didn't even know how powerful the Blaster was before I bought it!
Is it a hard install for an amateur mechanic? I can do basic mechanic work but i'm wondering if I should just take it to a shop.

Yes thats +4 and you will never regret +4. You can do it yourself with some extra helping hands easily!!!

You guys really know your stuff. I appreciate your advice on poorly engineered swingarms. The last thing I need is for my ass end to fall off.

So if I extend the rear by 4 inches, would that mean I need a chain that is 8 inches longer? Where do I get the new chain and brake cable that works for the new length? Thank you again guys, I can't express that enough.

All the +4 brake cables I'm finding online state "eliminates stock cable from handlebar"
SO here's my stupid question: If the cable extension is for the rear brake, what the hell does that have to do with the handlebar??

its probobly for your parking brake but you need one for the foot brake too. your chain should be a 520 114 link (someone correct me if im wrong) and either an o ring or xring chain or standard. do some searching to see what you would prefer. typically an o or x ring chain will last longer. you can find chains on ebay or cheapcycleparts.com or bikebandit.com

i suggest you go with strokedtater244's work over a 200 dollar ebay swinger, they have had problems. If u are gunna buy a good prefab one get a ASR or lonestar, but u are gunna have to pay a lot

i suggest you go with strokedtater244's work over a 200 dollar ebay swinger, they have had problems. If u are gunna buy a good prefab one get a ASR or lonestar, but u are gunna have to pay a lot

i know at least 15 people with swingarm shop swingarms and the only person i know of that has had problems with one is freek. an asr like i just bought will set u back 500 + a lonestar atleast 7 - 800

what they mean by eliminates the cable to the handlebar is that the rear brake cable inone pice from the rear brake to the rear foot lever then up to the emergency brake on the handlebars so when u get the new cable it will only go from the rear brake to the foot lever eliminating your e brake

Another consideration might be that most pretty aftermarket arms are built with the stock shock mount location. Spend a lot, look cool & still have minimal travel. "Strokedtatter 224" has relocated the mount for more travel with a 400ex shock.
http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-130/10-5-inches-rear-travel-34425/
I haven't seen a ride report, but he is on the right track!

my thoughts exactly, i know he is busy right now, but i will be ordering a plus 4 long travel from him, i like the sounds of 11 inches or rear travel

thanks guys... too much snow here (about 15"). so i cant get out and rip on it yet.. and noone in a sothern state has ordered one yet.. but sitting here on the quad it feels really good. i appreciate the recommendation!

and yeah..as whitty said i cannot get anything done right anway. i have been down with the flu..hoping to get all caught up by mid next week.

Ohh the e brake, that makes sense. You guys are awesome! I:I
As for the swingarm, I would be willing to pay for the quality. However, my Blaster never leaves the ground so it doesn't have to be super strong. + i'm only 150 lbs. Anybody have a +4 for sale that's already made?

Ohh the e brake, that makes sense. You guys are awesome! I:I
As for the swingarm, I would be willing to pay for the quality. However, my Blaster never leaves the ground so it doesn't have to be super strong. + i'm only 150 lbs. Anybody have a +4 for sale that's already made?

I sent you a PM if you want a all tig welded +4 .