96 blaster no spark??? help!!

foxracin47x

Apr 13, 2008
mass
i got a 96 blaster clean, i bought it needing a topend.so i ordered a piston,bored the cylinder new gaskets ect...back together wont start. gave it few kicks..nothin have fresh gas in it also.the flywheel looked to be brand new in it, but thats about it.

i bought it with oil injection, but i blocked it off when i put it back together for premix. i unplugged the wires at the filler cap. i also unplugged the TORS system.no splicing done to ether, just unplugged. i removed the headlight also, thats unplugged but i know that dont matter. i tried testing spark to frame and whatnot, nothing. but when i kicked it over the little engine light on the headlight would blink each kick.

i dont know what i need yet, but i didnt really troubleshoot it to long. tomorow im going try to figure her out, but just seeing if anyones got any advice or experienced this. thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:
ive had multiple blasters that ran fine with it just unplugged. but if i need a stator would my warning light still blink? or even the cdi or coil

no fire sounds like a coil problem. To my understanding the tors just shuts off fuel to the carb. So I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with the firing. As far as the stator goes I'm not familiar with its "job". Hopefully someone will explain that to me.