88-02 stator, harness and electric, on a 240 '03 motor?

crusty4365

Sep 2, 2007
montgomery NY
I have two blasters. Id like to put my 03 240 motor in my 88-02 blaster.
can I just swap electric?
can I replace the 03 stator and harness and electric parts with 88-02 stator harness and electric etc?
basically the 88 is in better condition than the 03 but the 03 has a better motor and engine so I would like to do a direct swap of the electric and get the 88 running with the 03 motor engine just by swapping stators and electricals.

is this possible. I have all the electrical parts for both blasters 88 and 03 so I think I can make it work.
will the stators swap perfect?

years refer to .... (88-02) or (03-06)

you can use any years harness with any years engine
the CDI and stator will need to go with whatever years harness you use

any 03+ 5 wire stator can be used with any 88-02 4 wire harness by grounding the green 5th wire coming out of the 03+ stator to the frame

also, the TORS system control units are different between the years, and require different methods to defeat it
check the electrical section on here for those answers

Reactions: Slydog
any 03+ 5 wire stator can be used with any 88-02 4 wire harness by grounding the green 5th wire coming out of the 03+ stator to the frame.
Good info awk i was kinda wondering about that.

Reactions: Awk08
years refer to .... (88-02) or (03-06)

you can use any years harness with any years engine
the CDI and stator will need to go with whatever years harness you use

any 03+ 5 wire stator can be used with any 88-02 4 wire harness by grounding the green 5th wire coming out of the 03+ stator to the frame

also, the TORS system control units are different between the years, and require different methods to defeat it
check the electrical section on here for those answers

I ended up getting an 02 harness and 02 stator and its wiring up nicely to the 03 engine however there is an orange wire and a blue/white wire that are the odd ones out. im not sure if these two are supposed to connect? the diagram I found here on the forum is very hard to read with it being so fuzzy.

Orange wire runs from CDI to coil on all 88-06
there are 2 blues on the diagrams, one T taps inside the harness off the yellow/red out of the stator and runs to the voltage regulator,
the other runs from the light switch to the taillight (I believe this is a lighter blue than the VR wire)
neither diagram show a blue/white