5 Facts!

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
Let's have a little fun, and maybe get to know each other a little better in the process! I figured we could get (and hopefully keep) a little BF member trivia going.

Post 5 random, strange, or just interesting things about you, which most people probably don't know about you. Keep it PG-13 or better, and we'll be good. I:I

I'll start. My 5:

-I was a Texas All-State Band member back in 2008. On the Bass Clarinet!

-My 16-year-old brother is bigger than me! He's 6'4", 240 lbs, and can throw me over his shoulder and carry me around like a bag of dog food. Trust me, I served as said bag at this year's Christmas family reunion. :eek:

-I met my then-18-year-old wife through a Craigslist ad that was supposed to be a joke. We are now happily married, 2 years and counting!

-My dad is fluent in Portuguese. He grew up in Brazil and still speaks some to this day. I, on the other hand, can only speak some broken Spanish.

-One of my favorite snacks consists of colby jack cheese slices and Dijon mustard.

Got the idea? Let's see what y'all come up with. If this gets going, I'll post more!

Reactions: cbaber
First off my nickname is Bummer. I have had this name since the age of two. When I was two I was fat, bald and toothless. My father said I looked like a little bum and my sister started calling me Bummer. Since I am a junior the name stuck. I guess it is better than being called Butch. My real name is Mike, but all of my family and close friends call me Bummer.

Second I am a Mason. As a kid I loved playing with Legos. So now I get to still play with blocks and in the mud. I love the trade and really like to drive around town and see all the buildings I have worked on.

Third I was really into BMX as a kid. We all used to race. Now my nine year old is into it and it scares the hell out of me. The tricks they are pulling is just crazy.

Fourth I am a huge hockey fan and the lockout is killing me. I think the fans should boycott the games if they ever start playing again.

Fifth I became a grandparent for the first time about four months ago. I have a granddaughter and she is absolutely beautiful.

1. I am a father to a son whose growing to fast. 11months old. Walking. Talking. Getting his molars and fits 18-24 month clothes.
2. I learn to quickly. ,m called a walking Wikipedia
3. I like to fix/build anything and everything.
4. I got the nickname Boomer because of 4 guys named Luke at a party and they thought I was dealing shrooms......haha
5. I really hate south dakota,. No particular reason. I just do not like that state.

Lol, nice ones so far. Congrats on the granddaughter, Bummer!

I guess this thread wasn't stillborn afterall. I was beginning to wonder. Lol. Here, Ill add 5 more:

-I have a Basset Hound/Boxer mix named Tillotson. Yes, named after the carburetor. She is a sweetheart.

-I have a major sweet tooth. Especially for gummy candy and chocolate.

-I seem to be able to eat and eat and still stay skinny. Reckon I'll enjoy that while it lasts.

-I have never broken a bone in my body, despite having wrecked quads several times. Ive walked or limped away every time. I'll attribute that one to luck (lots of it!!), God's grace, and wearing a helmet.

-My wife was raped by an ATV. She flipped a Polaris Trailboss 250 into a fence and got hit in the crotch by one end of the handlebars. A trip to the ER revealed no permanent damage, but she waddled around for two months afterwards with a grapefruit-sized bruise down there. :eek: We still joke about it to this day.

1. I Have A Dog Called Toby Hes Staffy Cross Jack Russel

2. Tried My First Cigarette At Age Of 11.

3. Had 100% Antecedence In Primary School But Never Went To High School.

4. I Only Hang Around In Person With People Older Than Me Don't Get On With People My Age.

5. Although I Don't Show It To Family Etc I Miss My Dad!

1.) Im a hustler at heart, Ive bought an ipod for 50 bucks and in the same day i flipped it for 75.

2.) The reason I own a quad instead of a dirt bike is because everytime i get on a dirt bike im riding through a tree.

3.) I play a whole lot of basketball and baseball.

4.) Ive broken my left elbow 3 times and my right elbow 2 times. one of the left ones was on a dirtbike. One of the right and left ones was on a skateboard. and the others were from just being stupid

5.) I like to cook. I mainly only cook deserts though

1. I have 8 children ranging from 8 to 46, six girls, two boys, numerous Grandchildren, lost count of Great Grandchildren.

2. I have a photographic memory, well I did until a few years ago until old timers disease crept in, I now suffer from CRAFT, Can't Remember A Flipping Thing.

3. None of my vehicles have ever seen the inside of a mechanics workshop, all wrenching is done by my Son and I.

4. At the tender age of 14, I left home and was a street Kid for 14 years. Tell you what, that sucks.

5. I am a Lay Preacher in the Uniting Church of Australia.

1. I have 8 children ranging from 8 to 46, six girls, two boys, numerous Grandchildren, lost count of Great Grandchildren.

2. I have a photographic memory, well I did until a few years ago until old timers disease crept in, I now suffer from CRAFT, Can't Remember A Flipping Thing.

3. None of my vehicles have ever seen the inside of a mechanics workshop, all wrenching is done by my Son and I.

4. At the tender age of 14, I left home and was a street Kid for 14 years. Tell you what, that sucks.

5. I am a Lay Preacher in the Uniting Church of Australia.

If I ever have the privilege of travelling to Australia, Im going to have to find you, buy you a couple rounds of your favorite drink, and share a good conversation. Sounds like you have a ton of great (and valuable...even if they were terrible at the time) life experiences. I:I

If I ever have the privilege of travelling to Australia, Im going to have to find you, buy you a couple rounds of your favorite drink, and share a good conversation. Sounds like you have a ton of great (and valuable...even if they were terrible at the time) life experiences. I:I

Be my guest for a month or 2.

-i have a 18 month old son
-my other hobby is rc cars
-my dad purchased my blaster from the dealership when i was born with intent that it would be mine when i turned 18
-i've been riding since i was 6
-me any my grandfather breed bearded dragons

My turn I suppose! My name is Paul York as you can see in my sig. Now time for the facts!

I have 4 wonderful nephews that I love to spend time with!

I have a MUCH different mind set than most kids my age and I have even been called "old fashioned". I contribute this mostly to being taught by my Grandpa and going through many challenges that most kids my age haven't had to deal with. Somewhat made me grow up faster. I live with a "No Regrets" attitude.

I was introduced to ATV's by my Grandpa who was and still is my role model in every way. He might not be here but he's with my everywhere I go!

I now build high performance 4 stroke engines and I'm quickly expanding. I don't make much but I get to meet some awesome people and get paid to do what I love! It's enough to pay for what I want.

I have a beautiful girlfriend that I love spending time with every chance I get. Shes a tough one and sticks by my side even though I'm a little rough around the edges. I'm not the best BF but I sure am trying my best! Hahaha

I'm Ryan Rashid. I'm from Fond du Lac, WI. I am currently going to MPTC Technical College to be a small engines tech.
1. By my family I am know as Gator. I got the nickname handed down to me from my greatgrandpa.
2. I got voted best musician 2012, by the high school i graduated from. (i play drums)
3. The only shoes i ever wear is Convers Allstars high tops, I will never wear low tops(i think they are "girly")
4. I am obsessed with tattoos, I got my first tattoo on my 18th birthday, and the next about 3 weeks later. I only have two now but i am always thinking of new ideas.
5. Music has always been a big part of my life, my top 3 bands are, Blink-182, The Offspring, and Avenged Sevenfold. I have over 5000 songs on my iTunes. I buy on average of one new album a week. Since im a drummer I have my top 3 favorite drummers of all time. Travis Barker(Blink-182), Jen Ledger(Skillet), and Chad Smith(Red Hot Chili Peppers).