450F Blaster

tweathers

Mar 16, 2009
I know this may be a sin to want to convert a blaster to 4 stroke but...I bought my 89 off a friend as a starter quad (it was my first quad) and I have grown out of it. I need something with more power so I was thinking of maybe just building a beast out of the blasty. Anyone think it is possible to fabricate a 450f into a blaster without cutting the frame? I know this will definitely require an extended swing arm to keep it on the ground since they are so short. I saw someone put a 465it engine into a blaster successfully so I would assume it should be possible just if anyone has any ideas or advice or if it is even worth the hassle instead of just buying a bigger bike.

the 465it is smaller???, the newer 450's seem so tall ???, i'm guessing that you would have to cut and fab the frame

Last edited:
If ya enjoy riding buy a 450 or have a builder do your blaster motor. I ya just like workin on quads & welding then build yourself a hybrid :)

you would end up spending more money than you would selling your blaster and getting a 450, then your left with a hacked up frame, blaster suspension, size, brakes, ect, and a quad that isnt worth much.

idk about a 450, but at the end of next season I am putting a FI honda 250f engine in mine.....

gonna be sick!!!! lol

^oh hell yea 250f isnt much slower than a 450 imo and 250f's sound more nice hope you post that in the build's thread when the time comes:)

Just buy a 450 if want one bro.

I dont think it be worth it to do the swap with a Blaster frame, isnt a good base for that kind of swap. I agree with nightmare on this.

Or you could just put the money into your Blaster motor or but a YZ250 motor in it.

Let us know what you decide bro.

the 465it is smaller???, the newer 450's seem so tall ???, i'm guessing that you would have to cut and fab the frame

Yes the IT465 is smaller then a 450.
The IT465 it's a 2 stroke- no valves on top :D
It's also the same size as my 400 which fits perfect in a Blaster frame.
You almost can't even tell it's not a stock Blaster motor from about 10 feet away haha

Yes the IT465 is smaller then a 450.
The IT465 it's a 2 stroke- no valves on top :D
It's also the same size as my 400 which fits perfect in a Blaster frame.
You almost can't even tell it's not a stock Blaster motor from about 10 feet away haha

Is your 400 a 2 stroke or 4 stroke? Also how much fabrication did it take? Did it cost you more than you could sell it for (what year is it)? And lastly do you have any close up pictures of the mounting of it? Sorry...lots of questions. LOL

and in response to fioz600r as far as what I am going to do...I plan on getting a Raptor so I just kind of want to make the Blaster a fun project to play around with so I am trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm kind of thinking of maybe goin with the 465IT build. The more I think about it I am kind of leaning more towards that anyways so that way I will have a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke and it would be a damn fast blaster.

Is your 400 a 2 stroke or 4 stroke? Also how much fabrication did it take? Did it cost you more than you could sell it for (what year is it)? And lastly do you have any close up pictures of the mounting of it? Sorry...lots of questions. LOL

and in response to fioz600r as far as what I am going to do...I plan on getting a Raptor so I just kind of want to make the Blaster a fun project to play around with so I am trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm kind of thinking of maybe goin with the 465IT build. The more I think about it I am kind of leaning more towards that anyways so that way I will have a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke and it would be a damn fast blaster.

It's a 2 stroke.
It's a 79' YZ400 in a 88' Blaster.
There was a lil bit of fabing like cutting the frame, making engine mounts.
As far as re-sale that's up to you.
Are you gonna just throw a 20 some year old motor in an old beater quad or are you gonna spend some time re-building the motor (crank, piston, rings, reeds, re-bore) and then also make the Blaster nice?
I did all the work myself on mine and spend a couple years doin it so I could re-sell mine for a nice profit- although I'll prolly have it forever.
DSCF0255-1.jpg

It's a 2 stroke.
Are you gonna just throw a 20 some year old motor in an old beater quad or are you gonna spend some time re-building the motor (crank, piston, rings, reeds, re-bore) and then also make the Blaster nice?
I did all the work myself on mine and spend a couple years doin it so I could re-sell mine for a nice profit- although I'll prolly have it forever.
DSCF0255-1.jpg

i luv that quad,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's a 2 stroke.
DSCF0255-1.jpg
WOW, that is a piece of art right there. very nice lookin motor.