400ex plastics

mudking

so what is the deal with the cheap mounts and plastics on the 400. I love the fourwheeler, but the plastics are falling apart around me!!!??? WTF? gonna call the dealer and see if they have some bolts in stock (lost them on the trail). or on the highway on the trailer. they flop all over the place. none of my other 5 fourwheelers flop around like this.

ideas? fixes? I need to get it ready for labor day weekend.

The problem is made in the US parts..:confused:. All of Hondas ATVs are made in the US . The early plastic on ATVs were made in Japan, like on the old ATC 3 wheelers .New plastics like seats , fenders, air boxes ect are all part of Hondas contract to use local vendors. Cheap molds and thin plastic cost less. As they see it parts are going to be tore up by 4 wheelers anyway.
However the plastic is cheaper than a Blaster is, the front fender assy new is only $125. I just sold one I had for a 2004 400ex. My rant is the plastic on my 2013 400x scratches too easy !
Most just trim the plastic .IMO... The best way to trim plastic is with a cut off wheel at low speed , then sand the edges .

do you have the rear fully attached with the bars coming out of them to frame?
i never attached the bar cuz it was easier to take off the seat seeings how the whole seat and rear fenders come off as one :)

ex.jpg
ex2.jpg
ex3.jpg