38 tooth rear sprocket

mike11743

Feb 12, 2008
I need a major regear. I can hit 5th gear pinned before the end of my street which has like 5 houses on it. Im currently running 14/40 with 18 inch tires. I was thinking of going to a 38 tooth rear to gain a lil more top speed. What do you guys use as a rear sprocket. I found a vitos on ebay for all yamaha quads with the 6 hole mounting. The guy says a 39 tooth will fit a blaster, but the 38 tooth wont. Is this true?? I am in desperate need of some higher gearing. Where else are there 38 tooth rear sprockets??

Someone around here recently had issues with their rear sprocket...I think it was a 38t. Was there a resolution to that problem that anyone knows of? It might help mike11743 if he has any issues.

well actully 89 custom got a 38t rear sprocket from project blaster and it mounted up ok but his chain kept jumping off.
Theres another guy on here that has the 38t vitos rear and it mounted up with no problems.

^^^
Thats exactly what I was looking into buying. Ill definitely be ordering one soon. Oh and as far as a 15 tooth front sprocket, id rather do the rear than have to grind odwn my cases a little bit.

okay today my 38t vitos sprocket from ebay came in. It bolts right up to the quad, but the sprocket is too small, and the chain rubs on the sprocket holder. It sits up a little higher in the sprocket, and is not properly seating in the sprocket. I guess ill just grind down the sprocket holder a little bit.

ive read that some grinding is needed for the 38, also some honda sprocket hubs fit on a blaster, i think a 250r? they have small sprockets like 34 you might wanna look into that for major speed

I run a 38t rear sprocket made by tag. Its a little pricey about $60 but it bolted on and has been flawless

did you tighten your chain?

Ya chain is tight, but I can see that it is hitting the very top of the sprocket hub which is not letting it sit down on the teeth all the way. Im sure that its probably fine like that becasue its only hitting ever so slightly but im just gonna shave off like a millimeter or two just so the chain can be completely seated on the sprocket.