2013 Birch Creek MX national- June 8 & 9

ddq

Apr 28, 2012
Tillery, NC
The national is coming back to birch in 2013. The date is June 8 and 9 and Im sure it will be a blast like in past years. You guys should bring some blasters out if you think you can hang. I plan on running Open B.

your riding your blaster in open B????

i'll let his pic answer that..........

419922_10150546694476333_501806332_9364870_231849247_n.jpg

Thanks Awk.

There is no reason that a good rider on a heavily modified blaster could not be competitive in open C.

Thanks Awk.

There is no reason that a good rider on a heavily modified blaster could not be competitive in open C.

hmmmmm, they have a senior amature class ? LOL

They have a vet 30+ class and vet 40+ class.

Otherwise, as far as C classes go, you can choose from Open C, Production C and I THINK 450 C. Obviously, you are ineligible for 4 stroke C.

I will say that the C classes have come a long way since my first Nat. Guys use to show up with stock 400ex's, c-dales and raptors.
Now, it's rare to see even a stock 450 in ANY C class

One of our local guys won the vet class national champion and I am here to tell you, NO blaster no matter how modded would keep up with his 450. I also find it to be a tall order to expect any blaster to run in any national 450 class. Remember the unlimited classes are running big bore also. The pro am unlimited was crushed by Cody Gibson on the Walsh hybrid crf450r. Sorry to sound negative, you all know I built a race blaster and I know a lot of national peeps. Also the schoolboy rule has changed to allow hybrid quads with dirtbike 250 motors......that means the end of blasters and 300ex Hondas in that class. They can not run with a BBK 250 dirtbike motor. Ask Ken Gibson, he has one and it is sick!

Actually they made another schoolboy class that is for mods since they knew there was no way a blaster or 300 could compete with the dirtbike motors. It's nice we have a class again so I hope we can make Aonia, Kentucky and loretta's. Never was a big fan of Birch Creek so probably wont do the 14hr drive.

One of our local guys won the vet class national champion and I am here to tell you, NO blaster no matter how modded would keep up with his 450. I also find it to be a tall order to expect any blaster to run in any national 450 class. Remember the unlimited classes are running big bore also. The pro am unlimited was crushed by Cody Gibson on the Walsh hybrid crf450r. Sorry to sound negative, you all know I built a race blaster and I know a lot of national peeps. Also the schoolboy rule has changed to allow hybrid quads with dirtbike 250 motors......that means the end of blasters and 300ex Hondas in that class. They can not run with a BBK 250 dirtbike motor. Ask Ken Gibson, he has one and it is sick!

It's not all about the bike, although having a fast machine helps. There were only about 1567658 people that told me I was wasting my time taking a near stock banshee to a national to run Open C. They said there was no way I could hang.
Put a skilled, light rider on a super modified blaster (like yours) and I bet he would do ok in C.

If im 16 and have never raced will they let me race in schoolboy? Im smaller than a 12 year old so I know I could pass.

It's not all about the bike, although having a fast machine helps. There were only about 1567658 people that told me I was wasting my time taking a near stock banshee to a national to run Open C. They said there was no way I could hang.
Put a skilled, light rider on a super modified blaster (like yours) and I bet he would do ok in C.

I deleted my original thoughts after I went to escore mx and looked at Loretta's schoolboy lap times. The top 10 in schoolboy could compete in the c class according to lap times. The top 3 could win c class 450.