1998 blaster rebuild

Ok then I guess im gonna do the front and rear conversion. After taking it apart I found alot of stripped bolts and missing cotter pins. Whats the best site to order oem bolts and nuts. The wire harness is also chopped to hell,so I think im gonna make my own.Since im not running front and back lights and other stuff I t be alot less wires and all.

Just get a cotter pin set from a hardware store. Some nuts and bolts can be found there also. I suggest using stainless or zinc grade 8 bolts whenever possible. If you can't get what you need there you may find some here or at your dealership.

Ok that will work. Im pulling the motor tomorrow will open it up and take some pics. I was told it runs, but I wanna go ahead and put a new gasket kit on it. Anything else I should replace or check on ?

started sanding the frame for paint today. Still gotta figure out what to do with the front bumper mess. Took the pic a few days ago, shows how screwed up it is.

5805962457_03f05aac17_z.jpg

I just picked up paint,primer and clear for the blaster. I also got alot of new bolts and nuts to replace most of the old ones. Got allen head bolts for all the hand controls too.

Personally I would grind those welds off flat and smooth out the down tubes. Then reuse the stock mounts. Looks like they are still intact?

Yeah thats what I planned on. Just cant tell if the drilled out the frame to put that metal rod in it. Oh well only way to find out is to cut it I guess. Since im replacing and fixing almost everything on this thing now I guess its an official FULL rebuild. Will be posting alot more pics and alotttttt more questions ha.

Not much of an update, but I did paint a few things today. Ordered some fly bars and some oury grips. Bidding on a few more parts on ebay right now.

5823467608_2ccee9f1b1_z.jpg

looks good man and if you got the fly bars off ebay for like 20 or 30 thats what i got and i really like em.

I would have gotten it running before teardown so I would know what it might need, but to late now. Don't understand the new gaskets unless it's for inspection. If the piston and bore checks good I'd throw new rings in it while it's apart. Looks like a good project though. I:I

Yeah I plan on building the motor and wasnt to worried about getting it running. Since I was told it was electrical. You can pull start it. It just dosent have spark. I have the motor sitting in the frame right now. Waiting on the flywheel tool to get here. I just figured I would replace the gaskets since I plan on getting the motor ported and all.

Had this tail light for a bit. Saving for my motorcycle build, but I got 2 of them so I figured I would throw this one on the blaster. Gotta figure out a way to mount it, but that wont be to hard. Painted alot more stuff today too. Will try and take more pics now since I got my camera back.

5831834950_14f511bf54_z.jpg

Had this tail light for a bit. Saving for my motorcycle build, but I got 2 of them so I figured I would throw this one on the blaster. Gotta figure out a way to mount it, but that wont be to hard. Painted alot more stuff today too. Will try and take more pics now since I got my camera back.

5831834950_14f511bf54_z.jpg

Tell me you're not going to put that on your Blaster !! I wouldn't have put that on my Schwinn 40 years ago :eek: Get a little LED clearance light from AZ.