03 miracle

tommy_tuff_nuts

Jan 13, 2015
hudson valley ny
hi everyone new to the forum but not to the blaster. ill try to make a long story short lol.

in june of 03 I bought a 03 blaster black with a red nose. I was very pumped when I brought it home to show my buddy who had a 02 at the time. After a couple years of doing small bolt on parts ( full exhaust,jetting,reeds and spacer, black nose, blah blah blah) I woke up one morning to find that some piece of sh*t had stolen my baby! After filing a police report (knowing nothing would be done) I went out with a couple of buddys to hunt it down. we tracked it almost 2 miles before we lost any form of tire track.........................................................

7 1/2 years later...

I get a phone call form MA state police saying they recovered my Yamaha blaster!!!! I told the officer that he was bullshitting me and it wasn't funny but he made it clear that it was mine! ( WTF OMG) im not going into detail about how they found it but after a couple months I took the 3 1/2 hr trip and brought her home it was in pretty condition at all ( considering what I remembered when I had it new lol) knowing from the minute I saw it again I thought full resto

when I got it home
blaster2.jpg

after a couple weeks working in the NY cold im at a bare frame
blaster3.jpg

the frame is going out this weeked to be PC od green and the motor is going to KOR with in the next month a arms came in the mail today(alba) 450r rear shock soon and many more to come
thanks for looking! and reading what is to me a true miracle

Attachments

• blaster.jpg
    blaster.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 194
crazy story.... found in another state and returned !
welcome to BF, tuned in for the build

Welcome. You know if you think about it. You cut your losses 12 years ago. you recouped the money. totally moved on as though you never had the Blaster. Back then it was brand new and you would have probably done little to it as far as mods cause well...it was new.

Fast forward 12 years. you just got a free blaster in "well used condition". A blank slate that you can mod as your wallet will allow.

Welcome to the site. definitely tuned in.

Man that has to feel good getting your old quad back that was completely unexpected and now you have the means and all to build it as you wish. What are motor plans along with everything else ? Looking good btw !

Reactions: tommy_tuff_nuts
just curious?
do you think it is same exact blaster you had/or do you think they swapped frames and you got lucky lol.
either way it was a long time coming/.payment to you:D

massachusetts epa/police dont f-uck around..this state is hard to ride or even own a atv/bike.
yet it borders nh/and others that are wiling to help you ride/just got to travel:)

Reactions: tommy_tuff_nuts
It is going to be a totally different blaster when you ride it again. When you get the motor back and get it in you are going to be pleasantly surprised. The porting along with a head mod will have you holding on tight for sure. What exhaust will you be running?