Yzf450 a-arms mounted today

Austin05

Nov 27, 2010
I converted to 450 a-arms today, pretty easy , took some grinding,measuring,ect ect ect, but one side is almost done. I will post pics today. If this works, the conversion is pretty easy however you do need hein joints on the top ,will post pics later

A few others have done this conversion too. If you just bolt them up your caster will be off ( thats what one of the original guys who did this said ) and can make steering screwy ( bump steer ). Another built a custom front end to accept the yfz arms but hasn't finished yet.

Good luck and welcome to blasterforum! Pics are a must!

Yup caster is way off, that why I need to order the heim joints so its adjustable. A lil more cutting,grinding and welding on the top a-arm, and Ill know whats up.heim joints are a must on the top though

havent been spending much time on it, been working on the 300ex. I just got the yfz450 shocks and just ordered the heim joints today for the upper a-arms. I should have it done in a few weeks. I work soooo much but will definatly post pics when im done. its about 3.5 wider on the one side . i will measure it next time i work on it for the exact amount. I also just mounted the 400ex shock on the back and finished the port work so We will see

i was going for a bolt on and go solution myself as well, but now im in the process of designing a new front end and arms that work with the YFZ 450 spindles. I decided to go the way with more work because then i know everything will be done up right so it will handle like i want it to instead of just hoping things work out.