yfz 450 triple rate works !!!!

Awk if u get these will u let me know how they work. I am goin to need to upgrade my wifes blasters shocks. She doesn't jump or anything crazy. Hell I got to beg her to get into 4th. Her being prego again she puts around in the trails with me. I am looking for nice upgrades for her comfort level

Awk if u get these will u let me know how they work. I am goin to need to upgrade my wifes blasters shocks. She doesn't jump or anything crazy. Hell I got to beg her to get into 4th. Her being prego again she puts around in the trails with me. I am looking for nice upgrades for her comfort level

/\/\/\/\/\ well, before you go lookin for yfz works, cause this is the only set i've ever seen, you'd be way ahead of the custom fit/fabbing game to just get a set of something that actually fits a blaster, like banshee or blaster works shocks, < like i have now, they can usually be had weekly on ebay for under $175, and make it a whole different bike, way softer, easier ride
i have banshees now on the boys bike, but they're blown and like riding a pogo stick
stock yfz shocks are good shocks too, even with a rezzie, but will require the lowering blocks to even out the extra length,
i'll keep this thread alive as the fitment progresses with pics

Last edited:
/\/\/\/\ thats "suga pops" to you scooby snacks!!!!

yes they are on my sons bike now, had to compress them with ratchet tie downs to get them on, raised the total height of the frame 2" off the floor, which matched up well with the extra height i have the trx250r rear shock set at on it's custom mount
riding easy they're very stiff set up like this, but feel great when jumped on, gonna have'ta get one or the other extensions, i'm thinkin the bottom ones from "cfm", that'll put them on more of an angle and soften them up a bit, i think it's more that they are made for a way heavier bike than rider weight, and they came with a bunch of different sized spacers to adjust when each spring works, gotta get ahold of "works" and see what the numbers mean, possibly just run them this summer and send them into "works" over the winter for some re-working to suit they're new home

yes they are on my sons bike now, had to compress them with ratchet tie downs to get them on, raised the total height of the frame 2" off the floor, which matched up well with the extra height i have the trx250r rear shock set at on it's custom mount
riding easy they're very stiff set up like this, but feel great when jumped on, gonna have'ta get one or the other extensions, i'm thinkin the bottom ones from "cfm", that'll put them on more of an angle and soften them up a bit, i think it's more that they are made for a way heavier bike than rider weight, and they came with a bunch of different sized spacers to adjust when each spring works, gotta get ahold of "works" and see what the numbers mean, possibly just run them this summer and send them into "works" over the winter for some re-working to suit they're new home

the further out on the arms the shocks are the less leverage the arms will have on the shocks making them feel stiffer.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ when i moved the rear trx shock back, giving it more angle, i had to turn the adjustments way up or it was too soft,
at the stock angle, i had the adjustment the whole way soft, so why would the front act any different???

/\/\/\/\/\/\ when i moved the rear trx shock back, giving it more angle, i had to turn the adjustments way up or it was too soft,
at the stock angle, i had the adjustment the whole way soft, so why would the front act any different???

the leverage on the shock from the arm is different (the arm has less mechanical advantage further out over the shock spring) making it feel harder, but the more of an angle the shock is at, the softer it will feel. On the rear, the effect from the shock lean was greater than that from the change in leverage. In the front it may be the same case, but it might not. They may feel softer however without actually being softer because the shocks wont need to be compressed allowing the 1st 2 springs to do their job.