Yamaha banshee help

foxracin47x

Apr 13, 2008
mass
i just bought a blown up banshee put brand new weiscos in it, bored the cylinders.. but being the first banshee ive ever built does the stock head require o rings? i know this aint a banshee place but i knowe some of you blaster guys own a shee or two! thanks all help appreciated.

i just bought a blown up banshee put brand new weiscos in it, bored the cylinders.. but being the first banshee ive ever built does the stock head require o rings? i know this aint a banshee place but i knowe some of you blaster guys own a shee or two! thanks all help appreciated.

Good question! NO, the stock head on a 'shee does NOT use 'O' rings. This head is sealed with a Blaster-style metal head gasket. If you wind up buying a gasket kit for the engine, a new head gasket will be included with it. Otherwise, you can buy a head gasket separately for about $ 10.00

Aftermarket Banshee heads with removable domes are the ones which require 'O' rings. The 'O' ring seals the head to the jugs without the use of a gasket, for better coolant flow.

Good luck on your project!! I can't wait to get mine back up and running again this spring...

Dont use silicon. Thats what gaskets are for..........

Just use a good quility gasket and torque it to specs and the order the manual calls for. Then retorque after your break in period and you should be good to go bro..........