works tripple rate spring kit for yfz shocks

08yfzman

May 27, 2013
Winchester va
thinking about getting these for the yfz shocks thats going on my +3 laegers lt but works emailed me back saying they need like 10 diff measurements cause it would be custom. why wont the std yfz kit work?

Probably because yours isn't a "standard" YFZ application. You have different geometry. Though wouldn't think there would be that many points to measure.

For best results I would give them all the info they want.

What does this kit cost? Does it also include re-valve?

what works sent me......I don't feel confident making a quote without having dimensions. Once you get the a-arms mounted, fill out an ABC swingarm sheet, then we can see what leverage is against the shock. If the arms were built for the YFZ shock, it may work. Then again it could be they bolt in but are too rigid. Once we know the dimensions we can tell exactly the valving and springs you require, and if the shock needs to be longer for long travel.

Ballpark figures, based on the Blaster chassis, 15.75 inch shock, and extending the arm 3 inches give the following approximate abc dimensions.(your dimensions will likely vary depending on how they built the arms)
A= 12.37 a-arm the shock is mounted to pivot point to upper shock mount
B= 9.3 a-arm pivot point to lower shock mount
C= 17.3 a-arm pivot to hub
D= 15.75 shock length center of eye to center of eye
E= 4.0 stock shock travel
Wheel Travel=7.1

Once you have the arms mounted, take some dimensions. We may be able to offer more travel. We will definitely need solid dimensions before we make spring and valving recommendations.

ballpark figures;
269.00 spring kit
399.00 pair piston heart transplant (changes valving and piston)

If the shock needs to be longer or have more travel instead of a heart transplant it would need a cartridge kit. This gets expensive at 499.00 each for rebound adjustable. You are looking 998.00 to replace the piston, shaft assembly, clicker and rebound damping adjustable eyes on both shocks.

Once I have dimensions, I can quote to build a pair of shocks, as well as see if there is something I have on hand which can be rebuilt at a discount to suit your requirements. If it turns out the YFZ shocks are close enough, we can make recommendations to have the re-valve done for lest cost locally, and sell you a spring kit to suit your needs. Until we know the load and what kind of working range your shocks have, we can not make a spring kit recommendation at this time.

my yfz shocks are take offs that cost me nothing so i had been planning on using them on the blaster. just thought the spring kit for 269 would be a nice upgrade