why wont it come off?

hoerter2158

Aug 14, 2007
how do you get the swingarm/ motormount bolt out? Do you have to thread it out? or is it probably just stuck in there?

if its really stuck, first things first: the nut is off, then if u have a long slender punch and a hammer and u hit it on the nut or threaded side(the only way actually) and that could very well do the trick....it work for me the first time.

I took off the 1 nut it has on it! Is there any other little things i should know that keeps the back motor and swingarm together to get that bolt out?

it wont budge. Took a 2x4 and pounded that on it it all it did was make a hole in the wood

any other suggestions

Put the blaster up on blocks or something. take the rear shock off completly.
Spray some WD40 or liquid wrench or something like them, soak for the night.

Then just try to back it out as much as you can with a socket and ratchet, while someone is putting pressure on the other end.

if that doesnt work do the following.

Come back with a narrow/slender punch or steel rod like blaster man said and wack away.

With the Nut off and a socket and ratchet on the bolt head while ratcheting will the bolt turn??

i had to do that with my blaster, like 110 octane said put a socked wrench on the swingarm bolt and turn in to the left and pull while turning the bolt, remeber to turn it to the left

the bolt turns freely!!!!! So idk wtf is wrong and im starting to get really pissed!

I go it to move about 1 in. Now it wont go any further. I put loads of wd40 on it too and nothing!

???????????????????????????????

Get all the weight off the tires and swing arm. Then hit that bolt with a hammer and punch until it comes out. It will come out, you just have to hit it hard enough and have all the weight off it.

like everyone has said.....if that bolt is been in there for a long time its gonna be a pain to get out and all u can do is beat it out....

if you hit it too hard you wont beable to get thenut back on the bolt because you will warp the bolt

if you hit it too hard you wont beable to get thenut back on the bolt because you will warp the bolt

Not if your using a narrow rod, to punch it out. Narrow being smaller in diameter than the actual swing arm bolt.

now that he has it moved about an 1", it will come out eventually.

if its really stuck, first things first: the nut is off, then if u have a long slender punch and a hammer and u hit it on the nut or threaded side(the only way actually) and that could very well do the trick....it work for me the first time.

This is the best way to remove it..and when you re install it..grease it up a little..