Why are Grab bars so expensive?

skoobyj

Oct 17, 2008
In a Tree
www.youtube.com
Hi all! my 2nd blaster didn't have a rear grab bar on it, so i am thinking that should run me like $15 but NOOOOOooooo
I have been watching them on ebay for a couple weeks and the cheapest used stock ones are $40
wtf?
Doesn't anyone here make them? I am tempted to make a bunch of them and start offering them for sale. $20 each!!! shipped!!!!!

front bumpers too, I know they sell cheap but i could take the 4 used ones I have, cut the front bar off and make up something fancy and weld it on them.
Easy Money.

I would get an aftermarket grab bar. I have a fat one on right now and I`m getting a wide grab bar for Christmas. I couldnt tell you why they cost so much though.

yes A men to grown up expences, i work and pay bills also, had my own place sence i was 18 and im 21 now, i baught everything i own myself and when it comes to my quad i always look to save a few bucks if i can, my blaster is bieng built with almost all used parts, and i do all the work myself if i have the tools. the younger crowed will see some day, but in the mean time if you live with your rents, taka advantege and save $$$

amen to the parents, but they get a kickback from the side work i do out of my house, but bills suck don't have as many as u guys up above ^^ but the lil i have still kill me sometimes thats y whenever theres a deal i jump on it.
also just make your own grab bar cheaper and a lot of times more effective i've seen nice expensives break in 2 then my buds just use flat steel for new ones

Babbittsonline.com has them. they are a little cheaper than going to you local ATV store but take longer to get. From what I have seen in the past 22years of having an ATV is that Aftermarket is cheaper than new stock. Sometimes you just have to bit the bullet and spend some cash. Just don't tell the wife, and have it shipped to work(if applies)

Most grab bars are made out of aluminum or painted aluminum. Its an expensive 'metal' that is easy to work with, but has a high price tag.

Last edited:
I broke my AC Grab Bar a wk ago so I went to BlasterKX's house and he had a homemade one from one of his old blasters that he had just laying around and instead of spending the $50 now i figured i would just put it on there.... It looks like ass but f*ck it its a 4 wheeler and I will eventually get one.... I just need it for the type of ridin I like to do.... I also agree with everyone that lives on there own.... Thats y im using a sh*tty grab bar for now bc I have Big Boy Bills to pay also....I just moved back in with my parents and im 21 bc the bills where gettin way crazy with the economy taking a sh*t.... I still have most of them bills to pay.... Im staying with them to stack up some more money and then im out again.....So if your living with your parents buy all your toys now and whatever you ever wanted and stack your money and then when you move out you will be set.....

aluminum is a non-metal?? They must have given me a defective periodic table!

oops, that was a total guess. I said that cuz raw metal rusts and aluminum doesnt, I just assumed it was a non-metal.

I must be chronically retarded.

Well, it's a non-ferrous metal, meaning it doesn't rust. It just corrodes white. Sorry, just had to bust your balls on that!!

What kinda axle you got in the front of the snow thrower??

And I agree that the prices are meticulously high, and it's probably just because people will pay that much!! And you know, everyone's gotta make a buck, right??

Anyone with minimal home fab skills could whip one up that would easily be stronger than anything you could buy. It just may not look so fancy.

i made mine and it looks pretty badass like a sixpack cost me the rebar and wire to weld it would make u one but its too much of a pain