When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not.... It's internally stingered and fully silenced. I'm *hoping* it's about as loud as any after market pipe. I'm more for the small and stealthy myself rather than the loud and flashy...

It's function over form anyhow.... I don't want my ears to ache after every pass with this thing.

well hold onto your hats, we gots lotsa engine work to do yet and rear end/wheelie bar to fab.

I think I'm going to swiss cheese a stock steering stem and grind the light mounts off the head of it to lighten it up some and then just run regular handle bars. No time to do a custom steering stem and handlebar the way I want...

#1 I already have a stock set of handlebars, all I have to do is slap them in there and rock on.

#2 I'm really tall and even lower than stock handlebar height could prove to be troublesome for me as I wouldn't be able to turn the bars more than an inch or two each way without hitting my knees.

#3 If I were to make my own set of drag bars, I would move them forward a bit and I would want the tubing rolled into a constant arc so it made a nice smooth curve around.

Since I don't have time, space, or the tool to do them how I want to, I'll just rock stock handlebars for a minute or two. I might make something before next year's races. Right now I'm trying like mad to get it buttoned up for September 24th.

I hope not.... It's internally stingered and fully silenced. I'm *hoping* it's about as loud as any after market pipe. I'm more for the small and stealthy myself rather than the loud and flashy...

It's function over form anyhow.... I don't want my ears to ache after every pass with this thing.

Due to compression and the combustion process your'e going for, I'm more than willing to bet that thing is going to be ridiculously loud.

well nitro R/C engines are not silenced at ALL. The specifically position the stingers at the optimum location to make the MOST NOISE POSSIBLE. I've one exactly the opposite..... I've done everything I can to quieten it. Like I said, if it's still loud then so be it LOL but I've done what I can!

CR125 reed cage and intake manifold ordered. I think I'm going to make a spacer out of a stock reed cage. It will be a noble thing to become part of this machine. If it were Japanese, it would certainly impale itself to become part of this project don't you think?

If the CR intake manifold won't fit the PJ38 carb, I'm going to make a custom intake manifold out of aluminum.

Just had an idea, goes along with your dual ignition idea. What if you could run different timing on two separate plugs? I know you talked about having a head redesigned to fit two plugs. I think you could do this by mounting another trigger coil. Also, you could make the second trigger adjustable to move the time of ignition around...so that you could get the first ignition right before the top of the stroke, and then another ignition right after top stroke on the way down. Just an idea.

Well, maybe a split timing event could be setup later. Space would be at a premium on the stator plate but it's definitely an idea.

I can't even begin to think about this sort of thing right now. I'm balls to the wall right now just hoping to have all of the stuff together to get it to run and drive by September 22nd.

I wasn't planning on having this ready to go by Busco this year but I got the front suspension and pipe done quickly and I was planning on those two items taking a lot longer than they did.

Well, maybe a split timing event could be setup later. Space would be at a premium on the stator plate but it's definitely an idea.

I can't even begin to think about this sort of thing right now. I'm balls to the wall right now just hoping to have all of the stuff together to get it to run and drive by September 22nd.

I wasn't planning on having this ready to go by Busco this year but I got the front suspension and pipe done quickly and I was planning on those two items taking a lot longer than they did.

Ok, I know you are in a bit of a time crunch right now. Just an idea man :)

DSC00331-4.jpg

DSC00335-3.jpg

DSC00332-4.jpg

DSC00334-3.jpg

DSC00333-4.jpg

DSC00337-1.jpg

DSC00338-1.jpg

DSC00336-2.jpg

mad props for experimenting and doing your thing!!! especially with the pipe!!!

you might want to rework the steering stem and flag though. the way you have it about to be setup will not work too well. when you turn the bars left the quad is going to steer to the right..lol... unless your cool with that. i hope you can get it to busco.. going to be alot of interesting draggers there to check out!

mad props for experimenting and doing your thing!!! especially with the pipe!!!

you might want to rework the steering stem and flag though. the way you have it about to be setup will not work too well. when you turn the bars left the quad is going to steer to the right..lol... unless your cool with that. i hope you can get it to busco.. going to be alot of interesting draggers there to check out!

ah turds... would you believe with all the other things I have swirling around in my head I didn't think of that? ....I was planning on putting the spindles in backwards too so it would steer correctly but slipped my mind while I was working on the arms....

I guess I'll have to flip it back around...anywho thoughts for tomorrow maybe.

I got the monster boyesen ports drilled and cut out. They're about 1/2" wide and 1" tall right now but by the time I'm done smoothing, they should be nearly 3/4" wide and 1 1/4" tall. Then it's time to flip over and work on the exhaust port!

I thought for a half a second about doing the "from the top" cylinder mounts for the exhaust side too but the exhaust side isn't smooth like the intake side. Plus, I believe the picture I saw of the cylinder mounting ear ripped off was the intake ear anyway. I may end up putting studs in there before it's over with but it wasn't in the cards today.... Thanks to "fastestboats" for the idea on the intake mounting tabs and huge boyesen ports!

Status
Not open for further replies.