Whats the fastest quad your Blaster has beaten?

there must be something wrong with ur blaster. WHAT a joke!!!! there isnt a 250 cc 4 stroke under the sun that can touch my blasty!!! maybe with a power adder( juice, or boost) other than forget about it!

the fastest quad ive ever beaten was my 250. and ive never actually raced them, i just know id kick the living sh*t out of it. LOL! Im getting a stroker, a new topend, and possibly a p&p. then ill race the 400s down the street :p

blasters are slow, theres no covering that up.
for their displacement they should put out more power than they do.
carrying the drum brakes all the way to 03 was not a smart idea.
however, they are cheap, fun, and light.

i think blasters are great. not just because i have one, but because they are a great overall quad. just because they took drum breaks into 2002 isnt "bad" they went with a package that had been selling 15 years strong. the upgrades in 2003 were nice, but how long did that last?

blaster are not slow. that have good power for what they are. remeber your 125cc is turning one wheel with a much lighter bike and so on.

with the right amount of work blaster can be really nice, and hang with the big boys.

im real confused now, do i need new spindles?
will the $300 kit on blasterzone be everything i need besides the disc?

blasters arent slow ur nutzzz... i have ran neck 2 neck with a ( supposedly 140cc bore) yz 125 . there is about a 200lb weight difference and only 75cc difference.do the math and the dirtbike shoud have spanked. this was on cement also. and i do have a vid. set up right the blaster is a sweet machine but just like anything u cant just expect to slap parts on and have a race machine. stock the blaster is a turd put a grand in the engine and for a pipe and u will hand over some asses

Who says blasters aren't fast?

I beat;

a school bus
another blaster
some clown on a unicycle juggling 3 balls
GSX750 on a dirt road

blasters arent slow ur nutzzz... i have ran neck 2 neck with a ( supposedly 140cc bore) yz 125 . there is about a 200lb weight difference and only 75cc difference.do the math and the dirtbike shoud have spanked. this was on cement also. and i do have a vid. set up right the blaster is a sweet machine but just like anything u cant just expect to slap parts on and have a race machine. stock the blaster is a turd put a grand in the engine and for a pipe and u will hand over some asses

show me the vid please,
im sorry for not believing you, but thats ridiculous if it really happened

u sayin this is false?? let me find it, i know its on u tube give me a bit. and it was a rolling start which was better for pete(guy on bike) because the bike would put him on his ass if he dumped it on the cement. give me a bit! u will eat those words. neck and neck.....

im just saying it sounds sketchy.
4mm stoker, 209cc ported, head mods. built by SMS
made 35hp.
a typical 125 with those mods makes about 36 (not 209cc)
then you put into perspective that the yz weighs 100 less
and has reduced rotary mass
is only turning one wheel
and just straight up aerodynamics, the yz has every advantage i can think of

WELL here it is......so what u want but i was there and the vid doesnt lie. the blaster is 396lbs not sure about the bike but i would say not much over 200lbs...starts a 25 sec. but im sure u will enjoy the whole video :)

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL here it is......so what u want but i was there and the vid doesnt lie. the blaster is 396lbs not sure about the bike but i would say not much over 200lbs...starts a 25 sec. but im sure u will enjoy the whole video :)

Last edited by a moderator:
im not calling you a liar, you ovbiously didnt lie.
but this doesnt make any sense. the only thing i can think of is that the yz's compression was real low (old top end) which would make sense. because on the old top end my brother would beat me on his z400, but now i beat him without trying, literally.
"damn man, your still pulling me, even with a new pipe"
me: "what? we were racing?"

ya i understand the dynamics of drag racing.9 out of 10 the person with the best hp to weight is gonna win. then factor in traction , driver ability and gearing. but ya u would think he would ahve blasted me. i waited on him to punch it we started rolling punched in second gear. he just did a top end on the bike a few months before this race. we also have a bone stock kx 80 and when the blaster was stock it would get its ass whooped right about 3rd gear. now the race isnt even close. blaster puts it to shame...proof is in the pudding! :)