What stage elka's?

yamaha28

Apr 8, 2011
Couple questions, what stage elkas are these? They look like stage four because of the remote rezzy's but I am not sure. And would this elka rear shock be better then a Works 400ex rear shock? Thanks!
GOPR0207-1.jpg

Also what does this do?
GOPR0205-2.jpg

Couple questions, what stage elkas are these? They look like stage four because of the remote rezzy's but I am not sure. And would this elka rear shock be better then a Works 400ex rear shock? Thanks!
GOPR0207-1.jpg

Also what does this do?
GOPR0205-2.jpg

Those are bad ass! Look like dual rate shocks not sure what the stages mean-The h & s is hard or soft setting on compression.

Those are bad ass! Look like dual rate shocks not sure what the stages mean-The h & s is hard or soft setting on compression.

Yep they are dual rates. That knob is nice to have to adjust that instead on a flathead screw. Any idea the worth of these?

More than $300 , Fronts go from 550-1400 a pair depending on stage

rear is 600-1500 depends on what stage, check ebay that'll tell ya!

I'd use them for real! They are 5000000000000000 times better than stock or a 400ex!

I think you should sell me the rear for $200 well just because im cool! B)

You are pretty cool, but I worry that shock would get chopped up in that dangerous garage of yours! haha

hard to tell what stage they are, because of the rezzie changes made recently
they look to be dual rate springs
but without knowing what rider weight they are built for, it's a shot in the dark

here's my rezzie mountings....................

black ty-raps w/ piece of heater hose sandwiched in between rezzie and frame in these pics, i have modquad rezzie mounts going on soon
5179-photo-0257.jpg

5167-photo-0220.jpg

rear...............

5164-photo-0192.jpg

Thanks awk! Mine came with little rubber things made specifically for this it seemed. I got them all mounted today and it feels ok? The rear doesn't feel much better then the stock shock from just sitting and jumping on it. I have yet to test the front shocks out because I am putting new bars on. How do I tell if they need to be rebuild or whatever for my weight?

The rear doesn't feel much better then the stock shock from just sitting and jumping on it. . How do I tell if they need to be rebuild or whatever for my weight?

you must mean the elka rear shock, i guanrantee that works feels way different

only way i know to tell if it needs rebuilt is if it starts bottoming out on jumps, or hesitating to rebound ??

you must mean the elka rear shock, i guanrantee that works feels way different

only way i know to tell if it needs rebuilt is if it starts bottoming out on jumps, or hesitating to rebound ??

yep the elka. Doesn't seem to bottom and hesitate to rebound, I will wait and see how it does actually tackling some trails when I get my motor back.

GOPR0207-1.jpg

Also what does this do?
GOPR0205-2.jpg

What are you going to do with awks works shock???

What are you going to do with awks works shock???

I will wait until I can try them both out around my yard, if I can't fell enough of a difference I will take them to the track and decide. One or the other will be sold soon. :D You interested in it?