what do you think?

ummmm i dont think it will run at all.... dont they suck water through themselves like a boat motor? could be wrong here though :D

i knew someone that converted one before. that thing just jumped off the line and had good times. since there's no shifting he could beat a lot of people . If i remember right he used like a 86,87 or 88 polaris trail boss 250 with all excess parts removed to make it lighter. can't remember motor he used but i do remember it was a single 2 cycle snowmobile motor or maybe it was a 400 2 stroke from a newer polaris scrambler just remember it was bigger than what came in it. one thing also if your thinking about doing something like that you will probably have to update the shocks to have a smoother ride for trails or if you want to jump jumps.

i knew someone that converted one before. that thing just jumped off the line and had good times. since there's no shifting he could beat a lot of people . If i remember right he used like a 86,87 or 88 polaris trail boss 250 with all excess parts removed to make it lighter. can't remember motor he used but i do remember it was a single 2 cycle snowmobile motor or maybe it was a 400 2 stroke from a newer polaris scrambler just remember it was bigger than what came in it. one thing also if your thinking about doing something like that you will probably have to update the shocks to have a smoother ride for trails or if you want to jump jumps.<br> not really into jumps i just like to go fast like ricky bobby

wouldnt work
dont know if youve seen a jet ski engine but they are massive and would never fit in a blaster if it would id have a 1200cc blaster lol :p

The snowmobile engine idea sounds interesting, I have an old Ski Doo in the garage. Have been thinking about putting the 440cc twin-cylinder Rotax in my Mojave frame. A jet ski engine in my opinion would be too much custom fabrication and need a lot of custom parts to make it work, would be interesting to see for sure.

i would like to see some pics or a vid of a quad with a snowmobile engine in it. im curious as to how you would deal with the big clunky clutches, and its belt driven. a crotch rocket engine looks to be way easier since they are chain driven with normal clutching.

The newer sea doo 4-tec watercraft have closed loop cooling systems, but the motor would be too big and heavy. Plus its a 4 stroke

i would like to see some pics or a vid of a quad with a snowmobile engine in it. im curious as to how you would deal with the big clunky clutches, and its belt driven. a crotch rocket engine looks to be way easier since they are chain driven with normal clutching.

If im correct this one is snowmobile engine shee. AND IT DOES RIP!
I:IB)

Last edited by a moderator: