Weights of Tires..

kazpa

Jan 6, 2009
R-vILLe, MO
So was reading and found where someone said that 7 pounds of weight equals 1 horsepower. Saying if you can shed 7# from your quad it was like adding 1 horsepower. Whether this is entirely accurate or not is not the point, the point is, is there any sticky or web address where you can go see the weight in pounds and the weight difference of a Douglas Rim vs. a Itp rim both of .190aluminium and/or a Maxxis Razr vs ITP Holeshot Vs Kenda Klaw

might get lucky finding SOME measurements but when i get my blaster back im going to weight the front stock steel rims and maxxis tires vs my new hipers with razrs. as well as ill weight the rear hipers vs rear aluminum itps. ill post info, but that may be like next weekend.

I just weighed up some of my spares. Here's what I got:
A 9"X9" Douglass black label that has been powder coated weighs in a 4.1lbs.
A 9"x9" Douglass red label weighs 4.9lbs.
A new unmounted BKT X-Drive 20x11-9 6 ply tire weighs in at 15.4 lbs.

That may be true about getting rid of weight but, think about it, how are you going to get 7 libs off of a bike this small? There is nothing really that fancy that is not needed that you could remove.

That may be true about getting rid of weight but, think about it, how are you going to get 7 libs off of a bike this small? There is nothing really that fancy that is not needed that you could remove.
Exactly the blaster is pretty light. The rims could be lighter, and that does help. I'd imagine it would take less toal on your clutch and tranny.

Anyone?

Was just wanting to get the lightest wheel/tire combo possible so if you have weights of tires and rims post please as I don't see why anyone wouldnt want that info

iight so i just weighed the front razrs with hiper beadlocks and the stock steel rims with stock(ish) tires.

15lbs for the hipers/razrs

21lbs for the stock steel/stock tire.(there maxxis but there pretty much stock, not a razr)

each right. so thats a whole 12lbs off the front with my new setup. ill get the rear later. ill measure the rims alone and the rims with the 18" razrs

iight so i just weighed the front razrs with hiper beadlocks and the stock steel rims with stock(ish) tires.

15lbs for the hipers/razrs

21lbs for the stock steel/stock tire.(there maxxis but there pretty much stock, not a razr)

each right. so thats a whole 12lbs off the front with my new setup. ill get the rear later. ill measure the rims alone and the rims with the 18" razrs

That is alot of excess weight dang thats good info

Fill your tires with HELIUM!

LOL.. nitrogen.. alot of auto shops to nitrogen filled tires now.. if i remmeber right.. you dont have to adjust tire pressure all the time.. and less moisture..

on the note of weight.. the tires and rims i got from ox.. they cant even be over 10 pounds with tubes in them.. there seriously stupid light!!!

i know with cars.. i usedto drag race.. 100 pounds off the car was like adding 10 hp... 100 pounds = a tenth of a second off your 1/4 miles time...
.. also a lighter car will hook harder and less stress on driveline parts