Vs. Kfx 400

lokisbuddy

Feb 8, 2008
Oscoda Michigan
Ok im gonna race this guy on my blaster he has a 99 or newer kfx400 I have a blaster with boysen rad valve, oil block off, tors removed,(and chrome and decals :) ) what do i need to beat him? we are gonna race for the others quad so i need to be sure i can take him his is bone stock he said there is no way a blaster will ever take him without nos.

drag race? thru the trails? what kinda race exactly.. and my buddy has an 03 kfx 400 we havent raced yet, soon as weather breaks we will tho... i really dont think i will have a problem keeping up/beating him with my mods

get a f7 pipe and a jetkit. also some new gearing 14/40 or 14/42 should be good.... ummmmm and gettt it bored out allitte more than you have now go to like .60 over

but the WORST thing you want to do is put a bunch of expensive thiings in your quad and lose so i would say its up to you but alot depends on wat type of racing your doing

If you are of equal riders you are going to loose. Not bashing but I own a KFX400 and my friend has a blaster it has pipes, reeds, jetted and K&N filter. The stock kfx will just spank it every time.

Problem is the blaster is such a close ratio tranny that it revs up quick but you have to know when to shift cuz the engine falls on it face quick too.

you want to race for fun great but he is going to take your quad from you.

JMHO

Well guys All it took was 3mm stroker crank 34mm carb, .30 over weisco ,p&p job and 14/40 gearing I took him by 2 lengths so now the big question is.......How do i make my new kfx a banshee killer? this thing sucks on acceleration. oh yeah i also got a dg extreme exhaust

How do i make my new kfx a banshee killer? this thing sucks on acceleration. oh yeah i also got a dg extreme exhaust

A stock banshee you might have a chance. A modded one not a prayer.
Even just a piped Shee will give a modded out KFX400 a run for it's money.