turbo???

tacketts9

Dec 31, 2008
can i turbo a honda 250x four stroke without blowing it up an do u think i will see difference in power? how many psi should i push?
and asame with my friend 240 blaster??
please help me out thanks

im sure a turbo will increase power on anything,ive owned turbo cars,but not quads. So i wouldnt know much more then turbo= more power.

You CAN turbo anything. The only issue i would see would be that finding a turbo of the appropriate size. I do know that harley engines respond very well to a turbo. Now that may be like comparing apples to oranges but it's the closest thing that comes to mind.

no its not even close.
i dont really have a clue what a boost bottle is haha

lol yea its deff not the same thing. boost bottles on blasters make no sence. On a banshee yes bc there twin motor.

If you want something better then a turbo i suggest a .20 gauge powerband!! (sarcasim) lol

i think turbos on 2 strokes are just not worth the time and design. their exhaust flow is so much different, and as you know, turbos are driven from spent exhaust gasses. there is simply not enuff room for charge piping, and definately not a intercooler, which is sorely needed, because the intake charge is so damn hot when it would enter the blasters motor.

I was reading a atv sport article on the quadzilla and they said the turbo mod was a big gimmic that it didn't really hel cause a 2 strokes compression is too low down there.

that vid is cool, ya it is possible to do that 250x motor, but it comes down to the time money and labor your willing to spend for the outcome, which might not be too great.... those motors dont really rev enough to create much boost...it would be a fun project though...im fascinated with forced induction.

Its not worth the money to just slap a turbo on becase ur most likly going to blow the motor unless u take it down to the block and work your way up iv owed 2 turboed cars

E36 m3 T60 garret
95 supra 2jz

When you force induct anything your in for a headace Thats the truth !

But like i said If you do the turbo do it right build it ! from bottom up !

Goodluck with ur project