turbo???

lololololololol
my thoughts exactly. i didnt know you could buy those gimick piles of sh*t for blastys. a boost bottle does nothing for anything. not even close to what a turbo does.

i agree with whoever said build from the bottom up. do some research, and build a motor to take a turbo. dont just slap one on and expect good results. compression has a lot to do with forced induction. dont forget, the pipe is going to be different, because as mentioned turbos run from spent exhaust gasses. its gonna get expensive.

research is key here.

i swear ill slap anyone who mentions boost bottles again, j/k....sorry. hahahahahahaha

btw, the video was a good find, but sort of lame. it just shows a bike with a turbo. i guess it helps, but doesnt show results, like is it fast, what can you do, etc. wow it has a turbo and idles...great. all that money and it idled b4 the turbo. (sorry if i seem like a dick, but im lacking sleep. im goin to bed after this post) if you can find a vid of a 250x turboed that is being ridden, that would be best. esp if its racing another bike. to get a comparison. or a dyno run....some sort of way to make it seem worth while or not to do such a project. not a vid of a bike idling. hell my bike is near 60hp. i can take vids of it doing that...but whats that prove? do you get what i am saying???????

i know your just trying to help, excuse the attitude if you sense one. its not on purpose. just trying to help out.

thanks guys yea i just curious have plenty of time an i wish i had a 400ex motor for the 250x but i doin this cheaply i was gonna snatch everything off some car at the junk yard.

To the OP- If I were you, I would research a hell of alot more before even attempting to turbocharge anything. Do you know what a wastegate is? difference between internal and external wastegates? What the purpose of a blow off valve (BOV) is? Simple understandings of these components and so much more a required, in order to successfully complete a turbo project. Just my 2cents.

To answer your questions though. Yes you should see a fairly decent amount of power perhaps 10-15 percent gain @ 3-4 PSI. Unless its a serious block I would not try to run more than that. I do not have a knowledge on what the limits are of a motor of that nature though. As far as the blaster goes, I have read that it is difficult to turbo a 2-stroke for the simple fact that the reeds cme into play more than expected. When you start pressurizing the sytem the reeds are not able to properly close when needed. Someone please eloborate or correct me if I am wrong.