turbo blaster build possible..

K looked into it some more today, space seems kinda limited for a turbo in that frame, two possible location i am thinking. Since the carb will be moved I am thinking about putting the turbo in that area and run a tube and put the car kinda where the air box is, just were ever I can fit it. If that doesn't work I could put the turbo in the back, as suggested earlier, kinda where the air box is, problem I might run into is suppension travel, would hate to bottom it out on a jump or something and break the turbo. $$$. I pmed the guy with the efi turbo banshee on youtube, he said something about plumbing a "power-jet" in the gas line to the carb, what is this? He used a mechanically driven pump off a quadsport 230. He also suggested using the oil injection pump for lubing the turbo, would that provide enough lubrication for the turbo? I think I will make the compressor side piping out of ferncos and pvp pipe. I have a cool plastic welder from harbor freight and I just tried it out. Seems cool. Anyone know the melting point for pvc? lol I just wonder how it will hold up to the heat, I think it will because its just the intake charge.

Started the build today. I made a turbo flang for the turbo, looks like dog poop (still getting used to TIG welding :() but I cut my stock muffler off the pipe and used the pipe going to the back and welded the flange on and just holding the turbo up to the flange that beast turns kinda fast even just idling. I can feel a slight bit of air coming out the outlet of the compressor side, didn't wanna rev it because no oil pressure on the turbo, did have oil poured in the drain hole though... Gonna go uptown and see if I can get some radiator hose or something rubber small enough to fit on the inlet and outlet on this tiny turbo. Hope tomorrow to have the hot side piping done, chance of rain agian though. It has rained like the last 4 weekends in a row here. Pisses me off :(. Got to thinking about compressor side piping.. might just use mild steal instead of the pvc, I am worried about the PVC melting. Well stay tuned cause this beast should come together before too long.

took the stock intake track and the carb off... not alot of room in there, I am no sure where to mount this beast, I think it could go in there but not like I was wanting. I am thinking about putting it where the stock airbox is, although I hate cutting the bike up. What yall think?

Anytime that we turbo a quad thats water cooled it always seems to work the best under the seat in the airbox area. Not mention so many vital things are already located there...exhaust, intake tubing, air filter, ect. It also allows for the turbo to be mounted high enough for the oil to drain more naturally.

Freakin rain, it finally stopped dumping crap here in utah, luckily the weather is turning out nice, it's warmer and it's spring break and my b-day and we're going riding. should be a great week, can't wait to see how this turbo project turns out. i'm way interested

I am calling it a day early because it is in the 40s outside and the wind is blowing 10-20 mph constantly and I have no shop to work in. I cannot feel my fingers lol. Plus anyone ever tried TIG welding in heavy winds? Sucks so bad and kept screwing up my welds. Maybe work on it tomorrow if it is warmer. I still need to get fittings for the oil on this thing, this morning I got up and went to every single place in town looking for something to screw into the oil feed on this turbo. Talked a friend of mine who has been hotrodding since the 60s who owns a speed shop about oil for the turbo and he said it doesn't need alot of oil and something like I was plannin on using (bilge pump) would be way to much for it. Probably going to try using a eletric fuel pump for a carb. automotive engine for the oil if it will pump it. prob gonna use like 0w20 synthetic for it. Something thin as hell so maybe the pump will pump it.

It always seems like the weather is working against me :( kinda pisses me off

it far fetched but a powervalve type system on the intake...see with forced air you get the reeds just wanting to stay open baicaly.... so if you could make a system were you can take the rpm of the engine like off of the stator like that lt250 with a belt to the in take with like a kx power valve welded to a wheel for the blet to spin on... and take the reeds out make a housing for it to spin in... then you would get the same action of the reeds put being forced shut and forced open only when its the right time to open/close...

with the expantion chamber not "pulling" the exhaust out, the tyrbo will do that it will also creat a sucktion so the pulling would not be a problem, over pulling would be from shifting gears the engine rpm would drop but the turbo would still be spinning for a few extra seconds which would force air in to the intake and make a/f ratio way off and run lean. because evan tho you let off the throtle the slide is not 100% shut so it would presureis and go under it (the frorced air)... and also with over "pulling" you would get i sucking exhaust out on low rpm when the turbo is still winding hi for that second, it would suck th a/f right out the cylinder and some of the case....

i mean it is a very possible idea to have a turbo 2stoke but its very hard to get set up just right. way easier on a four stroke because of the valves

if i didnt make sence or spelled a lot wrong my apoligese. im not an english major i can just design and build crazy sh*t lol