trx250r fuel and idle issues

rivera82

Nov 19, 2011
ok, so i took my R out past Saturday and after riding a bit i ran out of fuel, pushed it home and poured close to 2 gallons after riding for about 1 1/2 hrs i ran out of fuel, what can be the cause for that much fuel consumption? or is it normal for the R? my main jet is a 152, my needle is a d177 and slow jet is 40, looks to my like Im lean all around but it runs good, except it does not idle, so were is my fuel going?

I checked my top end and it looks like its time for a rebuild (some scaring on piston), but will needing a top end and low compression (145psi) cause it to burn excessive fuel, not too long ago my son and i rode around 6 hr on a full tank, him on a Blaster and me on a YZ250.

An improperly tuned and/or poor mechanical condition engine will burn much more fuel do to the need to apply much more throttle to attain the desired performance.

well hey, depending on how far you are and what year it is, you can bring it to my house and then ride off into the sunset with a blaster.

lol

well hey, depending on how far you are and what year it is, you can bring it to my house and then ride off into the sunset with a blaster.

lol

Seams like a good deal.....to you, but i think ill keep this one for several years.

145 PSI is actually pretty good IMO.

Well over at trx250r.net im supposed to have anywhere from 160 to 185 psi

Seams like a good deal.....to you, but i think ill keep this one for several years.

Well over at trx250r.net im supposed to have anywhere from 160 to 185 psi

yeah man, i was only kidding. i'd really like to have a TRX 250R.

The thing about this forum is that it has bigger support. And most of the guys here know there 2 stroke.

well i found out the issue to my bad compression, i went from 140 psi to 190 psi with a new top end, but I'm still smoking like a chimney and going thru fuel like there's no tomorrow, 2 gallons in 1 1/2 hrs, my slow jet is a 50, it wont idle and the smoke is thick and lingers, compared to my blaster and YZ250 its like 3 times as much, could it be that i need to be really lean im thinking of somewere in the 40 vicinity on the slow jet, what do you guys think?

PS

The top ring broke in 3 parts, i only managed to find 2 could it be that the 3rd one left thru the exhaust?

imag1229.jpg

imag1228.jpg

imag1227.jpg