Transmission Vent behind cylinder Head.

Delano

Feb 8, 2011
Africa;Namibia;Rehoboth
Hallo, guys/galz this small nipple with a breather pipe behind the cylinder is leaking alot of oil. My bike was full according to my glass window monitor. I drove about 40 km and when i returned the glass window displayed the oil level on the quarter mark. I could not see any oil leakage from the casing, but the breather pipe was dripping. I checked the forum for any data and got the crank seals as a result. Is this the only thing that cause this or are there any surface problems that my also be a cause.

Hallo, guys/galz this small nipple with a breather pipe behind the cylinder is leaking alot of oil. My bike was full according to my glass window monitor. I drove about 40 km and when i returned the glass window displayed the oil level on the quarter mark. I could not see any oil leakage from the casing, but the breather pipe was dripping. I checked the forum for any data and got the crank seals as a result. Is this the only thing that cause this or are there any surface problems that my also be a cause.

is your vent hose attached? there should be a rubber line running from that nipple to up under the handlebars. and did u put in the proper 650ml?

Is your Blaster running funny or smoking a lot ?

Is your chain loose, and rubbed a hole in the side of the case (chain rash). Or is maybe a oil seal leaking?, clutch cover gasket crap, drain plug loose.

Drain and start fresh, with vvvvvvvvvvvvv

650 ML.

Of course if nothing leaking other than vent tube, and ya clamp that tube to hold air, clutch side seal most likely! But should replace both, very easy to replace seals.

I'm gonna go the easy way and say that you had to much oil to begin with and it was just pushing the overfill out. take it easy and keep an eye on it, if it is a seal then it will keep going down, if it was just overfill it should stabilize out. I might also suggest draining the oil and starting with 650ml of oil as suggested.

If it were me and this quads new to you or its been a while since your last rebuild id go ahead and throw new seals in it.It dont take any time or effort at all and its one thing you can for sure rule out afterwards and have peace of mind.

The oils going somewhere and if you see it at the end of your vent tube its leaking.

I put the full quart in my blaster and have the vent tube ran to the air box and i never see any oil so if you are im betting its the seals and your getting crank case pressures building.Be thankful its not blown the gasket out on the clutch cover.

Is the motor getting hotter than usual?

I dont like the idea of putting a full Quart of oil in, and would not creating a partial vaccum in the gearbox, want to give the crank seals a hard time. Just a thought.

Hey!! Thanks for the input, 650ml is all i added "Gear Saver" and it drained the oil totally.
The pipe (Breather) attached to the nipple, does the path it follow play a big role or can it lay in any position. Meaning Its lying in a downwards direction now. I will definitively replace the crank seal. Thanks

Hi, So i broke it!!!! I replaced the crank seal the one on the right, Had a difficult time removing the clutch basket without a impact tool. I broke one of the clutch basket arms. The arms " There are 10 of them, they are used for guiding the clutch assembly?????. Now my second question is will the bike still run i have not closed it yet.??? Does any one have a how to on replacing the other crank seal