Trans or clutch?

TiredMk4

Jun 1, 2024
NEED HELP, I picked a blaster this winter and got it running but when i go in neutral i roll the bike about 8 inches and it jumps into gear, i put the bike in neutral and kick it over and it also jumps into gear. i took the engine out, clutch cover off put it in neutral by hand turned the sprocket and it jumps in gear but the shift star says its in neutral. everything looked straight and i tried adjusting the clutch several times.

Welcome .. If you still have the clutch cover off see if the shift star is welded or has a screw. The screw sometimes comes loose. Take the star off and look for wear or play. I believe there's a key in there to check but I haven't been in one for years. Good luck

Reactions: TiredMk4
Welcome .. If you still have the clutch cover off see if the shift star is welded or has a screw. The screw sometimes comes loose. Take the star off and look for wear or play. I believe there's a key in there to check but I haven't been in one for years. Good luck
I greatly appreciate the response. Yes it is still apart and it is a screw style, its at my shop at the moment so ill have to go over there and mess with it. ill get back in a few hours with a better answer, thanks again

Found the problem keyway slot broke dont know how. Sorry it took so long for a response. Luckily my brother is a certified welder and can weld it on there permanently for me.
20240605_164305.jpg