Trail ported 240 kit & redesighned head

specialized7

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
May 2, 2008
Saskatoon Canada
Well i figured i would add to this section by posting some pics of kennedys work, he is a great guy to deal with, will help you out with any question. and great prices!
i purchased a vitos 240 cylinder and head off kennedy just before christmas.
iv havent installed it yet, but will update the thread when i do!
here is some pics
bigborekit003.jpg

bigborekit002.jpg

bigborekit006.jpg

bigborekit004.jpg

That doesn't look like a Vito's cylinder and head. The head is definetly a Yamaha and the cylinder doesn't have the 12 port design. You may have received a 240 sleeved Yamaha cylinder.

That doesn't look like a Vito's cylinder and head. The head is definetly a Yamaha and the cylinder doesn't have the 12 port design. You may have received a 240 sleeved Yamaha cylinder.

yea thats what i was thinking cause mine has the boost ports in the intake. and its not the 12 port..

yeah thats a sleeved stock cylinder ....easy to tell just look in the intake and you can see where the sleeve is not covered in any aluminum, thats because the stock jug's aluminum was bored out to accept the big bore sleeve. I wouldnt be bummed about it though, worst part about a sleeve job is matching the ports after and you definately got yours matched + some nice port work. Better to have a hand ported oem big bore port layout than the stock vitos 12 port big bore imo.

runs sweet. sounds like a chainsaw lol. i like it very much still fine tweaking it a little bit here and there. If you have any questions about setup kennedy will tell you what to do if your not sure like timing/exhaust pipe to use etc pertaining to your exact setup he did for you. I was playing around the other day and was doing donuts on tar smoking the tires and got to about the 3rd 360 and the tires grabbed and almost flipped it over. lucky i had my foot on the break lever so be careful with the new power until you get used to it lol.