Starting 97 Blaster Rebuild

Thanks so much. This is all new but am having fun with it I watched the Kor video and am going to try to do a port job and see how it turns out. I was also going to have my guy who is boring the jug take .010 off the head will that help at all?

Have the head rechambered for the best power increase, shaving only increases the compression.

A re chamber adjusts the squish and volume of the chamber and will produce a lot more power.

OK update got the frame painted apple red. Looks pretty good painted the arms the same color. I left the swingarm silver. I watched the KOR porting videos and did a mild port job on the jug and it goes to the machine shop in the am to get bored .030 I just got my wiseco piston 66.75 to go in yesterday. I will have pics when I get the jig back.

Ok go the case split and am having a issue getting the crank out it cam out of the one side no problem but this side it is stuck. Is there a trick to getting it out?

It needs to be pushed out. If you have access to a press, do it that way. That's how I do it. Do not use a hammer. I've used steering wheel pullers in the past. Just need longer screws with the same size and thread pitch as the case screws.
Someone else may chime in with a better diy way.

Steering wheel puller/bearing puller like bansheedave said or If you can find a local auto/machine shop they shouldn't charge much to get it out.. Be sure to watch the vids on how to install them and also lap the cases before install.. If you don't have a torque wrench get one you will need it and a good recommendation is to get a ss bolt kit.. E bay has them but make you let them know you want the stator plate bolts with it.. look up gasket matching and read up on squish clearance.. If you were to shave the head a bit by yourself thts ok but if to much you run into trouble. Send the head off to Kor and admire what a blaster head should look like,, and Hang on.. ;)

Reactions: bansheedave
Hey guys have all parts in getting ready to put back together should i use yamabond 4 or is there a better or easier to find locally alternative?

Update: I got the motor back together and leak tested it. It held 10 psi for 15 min so I am good to go there. I was going to put it back in the bike last night but noticed that the swing arm bearings and seals were in bad shape so just ordered all new ones should be here Friday. I have a question about the chain roller it looks to me like my bottom roller is missing. I looked through all the manuals on here but can't find a good diagram of this area. Does anyone have a good picture showing parts and how this look on the bike. I bought some stuff off rocky mountain and ebay that I think are the right parts but just want to make sure. Thanks so much for all the help.