TORS question

Petas

Apr 1, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Ok so I am having some issues with my blaster. I have had trouble when in higher gears. Sometimes it sounds like I am hitting the rev limiter but I dont think I am cause when I shift up Its like the rpms are to low. Like I shifted too early. So one time when it did it I let off the throttle and got back in to it and the rpms comtinued to climb past when it cut out before? Could this be the TORS?

I noticed a lot of you have bypassed the TORS. My question is the cdi still limits the revs even after you remove the TORS right?

Thanks

to a degree yes... looks like you have an 88-02 blaser so its super easy to get rid of that tors... so id do that and see if it fixes ur problem

yes. remove it. there are 2 wires coming out of the tors box. disconnect those, follow them to wherever they go, (i dont remember cause its been a while) disconnect the wires coming out of your throttle box, and going to the tors box under the hood. take it all off and let us know if you still have problems

i would remove your tors and chech your electrical connections, coil and plug wire. there is no rev limiter on a stock blaster

Throttle Override Retarded $hit :eek: CDI does have an ignition curve but not a rev limiter as such. IMO, tors causes more problems than it prevents. If checking electrical, especially plug cap (ohms) look at plug, might be jetting issue. I:I

I have checked the plug. I checked the plug the day I bought it. I put a new one in didn't help. I did a plug chop looks ok. My quad is pretty much stock eccept for no air box lid which I will be putting one on soon. So It shouldn't be a main jet size issue.

I really think it is this tors thing. I will be removing it. I have the link: http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-remove-your-tors-655/

You'll have to give me a few days to get back to you guys. But I will let you know what happens.

Ok so I disconnected my tors and went for a long ride out off the Belews creek trails today. I still have the same problem but I think what it is is something is loose inside the exhaust plugging the pipe only every once in a while. The reason I think that is because when I got back here I was pushing it back up on to a landing and I noticed a rattle coming from inside the exhaust. When I shake it back and forth I can hear the rattle inside the expansion pipe. I dont know if it is big chunk off carbon or what. If that is all it is I will be very relieved.

I know I am still learning about these things and all the little noises it can make. Now that I think about it that is what it sounds like(Before I said it sounded like a rev limiter but remember this is the first chance I got to really ride it). There is also definitely power loss when it happens too. I am fairly confident it is not ignition and I dont think it is an internal engine prolem now. Has anyone else had something loose inside the exhaust.

I guess I will be pulling the pipe off in the next few days.

Think I've seen something about that problem. Yammy put a baffle cone in the pipe as a de-tuning aid. Does just as you describes, rattles around and sometimes plugs ex. Only fix is either cut pipe and gut it or get aftermarket and re-jet. Probly have to rejet if you gut pipe. Anytime you increase air flow you have to increase fuel flow.

if you are running stock exhaust then aftermarket exhaust is a must. exhaust, air filter, rejet, etc. will really wake your blaster up... like a dope feen when they get their dope

I think I am going to cut it open and have it welded back together. I just dont have the money for aftermarket exhaust right now.

Just for future reference... Where do you guys buy your aftermarket exhaust from? And where do you get your jets from?

Thanks

I think I am going to cut it open and have it welded back together. I just dont have the money for aftermarket exhaust right now.

Just for future reference... Where do you guys buy your aftermarket exhaust from? And where do you get your jets from?

Thanks

Tons of places sell exhausts. I got mine from the manufacturer (toomey.com), but you can check ebay, rocky mountain atv, anywhere that sells quad parts. As for jetting, many people use rockymountainatv for them and jetsrus I've seen tossed around as well.