Tomos A35 Idel Issue help

dnoftz

Aug 9, 2011
Fremont OH
Any one on here ever work on mopeds?

I have a tomos A35 moped That I just can not get to idel right.

If i cover the carb with my hand and almost cut all the air off it will idel righ. I did clean the and Im still having the same Issue

I think you should clean the carb again as it sounds like there is some crap in the passage ways.

Having to simulate a choke condition to make it idle, points to a blockage or lack of fuel supply.

This manual could be of help.

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

^ ^ Exactly. Even a little bit of grit (a grain of sand can do it!) in your idle circuit on that carb will be enough to stop up the jet. You should be able to unscrew the pilot jet from the carburetor body for cleaning, or at least get to it to give it a good blowing out.

Remember, too, that like any other 2-stroke engine out there, Tomos engines are just as prone to airleaks if a gasket or seal has been damaged. Check all the usual areas and do a leakdown test if needed.

Granted, it sounds like you are having carburetor problems, but its always a good idea to check for air leaks! I:I

Found a Tomos forum and got my answer. there is a verrrrrrryyyyyy small whole ate the bottom of the intake side of the carb Clean it out and Now she is good as gold.

Thnks for all the help though guys.