todays shenanagens

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
figured id share todays events since i always forget the camera at home... today was a prime reason why i need a go pro!!

went riding with some buddys today.. me on the lt250r, joe on the foreman 450 on 27" itp mudders, shane on the 400ex rick on my old 200x, and kris on a indy 400 sled..

another buddy siesed his banshee up after a half hour so he was done..

playin around on the ice oval, sled and foreman wer ehalf track behind me after one lap, kris rolled the sled on the ice oval..

made some jetting adjustments on the lt.. went to a 280 main, ran strong but would stumble when first gettin onto the main jet, plug was black, dropped to a 270 and she feels good and no stumble, didnt check the plug but ran good all day, ripped about 30 studs out of the rear tires today, so im gonna have to geta bag of 1" studs and dip them in rtv wehn i run them in to keep them in..

400ex owner got cocky that his 400 would outrun my 250.. needless to say he was eating my roost all day!!

now the the epicness of the day... there is a spot on the river where you have to hug the shore and your left side tires are about 4" from open water ( only 2 feet deep of water.. i make it threw, the 200x makes it, i look back right as i see the foreman tip over into the hole!!
he lost traction and it just slide over, he bailed, into the water.. about knee deep and the foreman was almost upside down!! it took 4 of us to roll it over and drag it back onto the ice!! in true honda fashion it fired right up!!! (its like a 05?? foreman)
joe being the crazy canadian he is, contunued riding soaked from the knees down, no gloves and soaked coat!!.. we stopped about 3 miles later due to water on top of the ice where there wasnt water 2 hours prior, and i gave him my gloves to warm his hands up, and he said his was running funny at speed... popped the air box lid off and sure enough 2" of water in the air box, so when he would start bouncing around it would suck water in and stumble... used his soaked face mask to soak up the water, and went on riding for another hour

sounds fun, wish there were lakes where i ride, only a pond thaat doesn't freeze and is dug to about 40 ft deep so i'm not gonna even go near it

sounds fun man, and go pros are definitely worth it! i have a go pro wide hd and it records so clearly that you would swear you were there, only thing is they come standard with a suction type deal to hold onto your helmet, they work very well for a suction device but i'm not very trusty of it so i am buying another mount for it. looking for one that bolts onto the helmet.

he clames he rejetted it.. but his left plug was still white on the porcline under the electrod.. and his right plug was grey... like grey primer grey... he did the same thing last winter dropped a cyl, and locked this one tight

he clames he rejetted it.. but his left plug was still white on the porcline under the electrod.. and his right plug was grey... like grey primer grey... he did the same thing last winter dropped a cyl, and locked this one tight

hmm sounds like he needs to jet a little heavier and i would have checked several times if i did the samething last year

you need to come ride with us

a suction cup wont work for me... im prone to get it fights with tree branches

no don't get me wrong, the suction device holds on there great when you put it on it's not coming off (it took me, my mom, and 3 of my buddies to pull mine off my helmet) and go pro tested it to hold onto an airplane going 150mph but i just don't trust suction cup devices alot. i am ordering one that i can either mount on my handlebars or mount onto my helmet with 2 bolts.

well a plan and a tree branch ad 65 are two diff things lol...

he said he jetted it, and mixed his gas heavy on the oil.. i dont think he understands that runing a thicker premix will make the jetting lean,

if one is white and the other is grey, maybe his carbs are not sync or he has a small airleak.

if one is white and the other is grey, maybe his carbs are not sync or he has a small airleak.

he did have a air leak.. right cyl plug was about finger tight IF that...

both motors were blown up due to owner error.. last year he fired it up ice cold in winter, and ripped wide open down the river 100 yard.. and lost compresiion on one cyl... now jettin off and plug not tight

well a plan and a tree branch ad 65 are two diff things lol...

he said he jetted it, and mixed his gas heavy on the oil.. i dont think he understands that runing a thicker premix will make the jetting lean,

lol well point is i'm buying this new mount to try it out and if it works i'll be making helmetcam vids like crazy haha.