The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

-9 right now. 2:10 am. feels like -32 zero wind. but it was blowing about 30 mph 6+ hrs ago.

then again i see that youre from north dakota, so you know what we deal with haha.

I have to rant. I just have to.

Why do people tune up their bikes in the middle of winter? you might ride... once? then come riding season you have to spend time tuning it again. Missing a ride or 2 in the process. Maybe I am old school. maybe I am missing something. IDK. I am of the mind that winter is for getting everything rebuilt, tightened, WINTERIZED. I guess if you build in winter you still have to tune come spring but I guess I just don't understand.

End scene.

No i'm not done. You get it jetted and running good. with a windchill of -30. what happens tomorrow when there is no wind and it is 2 degrees outside. you rejet and plug chop? how the hell do you even plug chop in winter? there is no way anyone in their right mind would go 55 mph on a quad on winter roads. do you find an ice patch tie off to a tree and just spin it through the gears? at 30 below does the quad even warm up enough? gah!!

I'm done.

Awk and his bobber project have me thinking. I am thinking about grafting the rear of a bike onto the rear of a blaster. I like the look of the mono shock bobbers with the seat "floating" over the tire.

Awk and his bobber project have me thinking. I am thinking about grafting the rear of a bike onto the rear of a blaster. I like the look of the mono shock bobbers with the seat "floating" over the tire.

:)
someone just posted a video on here of this same thing a month or so ago.
search youtube, it's out there.

Reactions: MercMenace
Live from a big auto auction......

IMG_20150108_102746844.jpg
IMG_20150108_101315590_HDR.jpg

Reactions: motoman159
Harrisburg auto auction.
Been here many times years ago. My first in a while though.

Do you plan on buying anything or set eyes on anything of interest? is it only cars or bikes and trucks etc... ?

Oh i want to buy but am not today, we brought a Lexus SUV and Audi S4 down to sale and looking for 2 other SUVs to buy and only have enuf drivers for those, not my own personal buys :(
I did just watch a beautiful 08 silverado only do $8600 that I'd have luv'd to bought.
1800 cars and trucks running thru here today.

Bicycle shop in town just installed a very large oven. I am very excited. prices seem reasonable. including sandblasting.

Quad Frame $200
Springs $30
A arms $24
Wheels $30

well got the first ride in of the season. bit chilly with that damn wind but my god did i miss it.
only managed to bury the sled once.... :D

Bicycle shop in town just installed a very large oven. I am very excited. prices seem reasonable. including sandblasting.

Quad Frame $200
Springs $30
A arms $24
Wheels $30

Those prices seem very good. Do they have a site or any pics of there work?