the sad but happy UP-side to this bad economy

97BoredOutBlasta

Feb 25, 2009
Hood River, OR
needless to say, the state of our economy has affected employement for many people, but the upside of my layoff is that i have had a ton more time to ride and take projects off the back burners. i hate talking about a project and then later when people ask to see how it turned out, and i say "uhhh, ya..." i guess i have no excuse now, haha. except the $$$$!

another good thing is quads are cheaper to buy to so if ur a kid thats bin saving ur money it doesnt affect u in anyway actally helps u

My company called me up to the front office yesterday because they found out that I am going to be going to the Air Force soon. They just wanted to know if I might be in a position to take a voluntary lay off. Really sucks cause I need the money to pay the bills while I'm gone, but if I dont take it then someone else loses their job that may not have something else to fall back on. The real catch is the insurance. I cant afford to be without health insurance.

My company called me up to the front office yesterday because they found out that I am going to be going to the Air Force soon. They just wanted to know if I might be in a position to take a voluntary lay off. Really sucks cause I need the money to pay the bills while I'm gone, but if I dont take it then someone else loses their job that may not have something else to fall back on. The real catch is the insurance. I cant afford to be without health insurance.

I hear you there...that does suck...4 kids here I know what you mean...lol

I work for Staples Distro and we have crazy over time cuz of back to school. I feel bad for some people cuz I have 2 jobs. Staples is my full time 3 12 hr days and then I work about 12 - 15 hrs as a part time manager at a store called Ridemakerz. Its a shop that you can build and customize remote control cars. Its cool. So luckily the economy hasnt hurt me too much. Good luck to anyone that has felt it...

ya i just got called back to my shop about 3 weeks ago after being laid off since april....its no joke out there...sh*t is getting pretty bad around where i live with ppl stealing tons of sh*t from cars and breaking into homes while ppl are inside....i live in northville for all u MI ppl and its yuppie central with lots of $$$ (which i dont have...haha) but its nuts out there....if u have a job u should be thanking your lucky stars...cuz i am !

It is nice now that people are getting desperate for money, although saddening all the same. I hate to take advantage of peoples problems but when your in the business I am its necessary to pay the bills and feed the family. In the past 4 months I've flipped quite a few machines, everytime I'm making money. I build a budget piece and sell for good prices, way below what others want for less, good way of making money.