The 2-Strokes have Risen!!!

The reason two strokes are dying is because of the EPA not because people were not buying them.

It's just another attempt by the government to ruin a good thing and tell the unwitting masses what is best for them because they think we can't think for our selves.

It's just another attempt by the government to ruin a good thing and tell the unwitting masses what is best for them because they think we can't think for our selves.

soon we wont have a sport of atving/dirtbikes irt will me replaced by eletric scooters lollll

The reason two strokes are dying is because of the EPA not because people were not buying them.

O.K. Children . . . First, the EPA has only restricted the 2-strokes that have DOT plates!!!! You can still license (completely restricted exhaust) a street legal 2-stroke in every state but California. And yes the state of California made that rule . . . not the damn EPA. Check your local DMV. I have had a '98 CR500R with NE plates! Suck it Harbeck, right in your backyard!

Second, last year Suzuki stopped selling RM250's in the US. But in Europe where most 2-strokes are illegal in most racing, They sell a RM250 and a new RM250-moto. Why do you ask? Because they sell! Look at the thread it self. You have a kid with a kx250f on a blaster site.

Last off. The AMA started the domino effect to extinguish the beloved smokers. They first allowed four-stokes in . . . at what cc? 400cc at firtst, then it was 426, then Doug Henry blasted the completion with a 450. They kept allowing big displacement to find a equalibrium and it failed. But thier errors are currently being mended with these new rules. It is not the cost of the bikes, power they make, or even the noise they produce. It is the fact that the motorbike races were aimed, developed, and made famous by low-budget folks that loved the sport. (watch "On Any Sunday w/ Steve McQueen) So these hig priced bikes to maintain are robbing the very essence of the sport. I own several bikes. I have a 06 CRF450x to my prized 1981 CR250 (first water-cooled Honda Mx). I have owned too many differnet bike to count. But when I line up for a local scramble or a quick outing at my local OHV (River Valley, Iowa) I love my 2-strokes!

So gents . . . ride what ya like. You have to either pay or do the maintenance yourself. Remember, I am just a 100 bucks from a fresh top end and I can always rebuild my motor for less then 350 bones. Support your local OHV!

Reactions: cbaber
O.K. Children . . . First, the EPA has only restricted the 2-strokes that have DOT plates!!!! You can still license (completely restricted exhaust) a street legal 2-stroke in every state but California. And yes the state of California made that rule . . . not the damn EPA. Check your local DMV. I have had a '98 CR500R with NE plates! Suck it Harbeck, right in your backyard!

Second, last year Suzuki stopped selling RM250's in the US. But in Europe where most 2-strokes are illegal in most racing, They sell a RM250 and a new RM250-moto. Why do you ask? Because they sell! Look at the thread it self. You have a kid with a kx250f on a blaster site.

Last off. The AMA started the domino effect to extinguish the beloved smokers. They first allowed four-stokes in . . . at what cc? 400cc at firtst, then it was 426, then Doug Henry blasted the completion with a 450. They kept allowing big displacement to find a equalibrium and it failed. But thier errors are currently being mended with these new rules. It is not the cost of the bikes, power they make, or even the noise they produce. It is the fact that the motorbike races were aimed, developed, and made famous by low-budget folks that loved the sport. (watch "On Any Sunday w/ Steve McQueen) So these hig priced bikes to maintain are robbing the very essence of the sport. I own several bikes. I have a 06 CRF450x to my prized 1981 CR250 (first water-cooled Honda Mx). I have owned too many differnet bike to count. But when I line up for a local scramble or a quick outing at my local OHV (River Valley, Iowa) I love my 2-strokes!

So gents . . . ride what ya like. You have to either pay or do the maintenance yourself. Remember, I am just a 100 bucks from a fresh top end and I can always rebuild my motor for less then 350 bones. Support your local OHV!
am i the KID with the KX250F?