T-Rock Swingarm

Green acres

Jan 11, 2010
St. Louis
So I am ready to put a little money into my blaster and I was gonna do a led headlight which I posted about earlier and get an extended swing arm from Ken Oconnor. I emailed Ken last night and unfortunately he emailed back this morning saying he is no longer making the T-Rock swing arm due to having to much engine work right now, I completely understand where he is coming from from a business standpoint but I am disappointed that they are not available. Is there another brand that would be around the same price? I don't want to spend a ton and get A lonestar with a roundhouse carrier but I haven't heard to many good things about the swing arm shop either. I work at local body shop and can have some braces added to the swing arm shop arm if need be and then have it powder coated but I would hate to have to cut up a brand new part. Just wondering everyone's thoughts that has been down this road before. Thanks to anyone that reply's.

I ran into the same situation. If you email the swingarm shop they do sell an HD version and they can send you pictures and details. I may have to eat crow and go that route but still undecided. What he sent me on the HD was the shock cross tube goes through both side rails and the +3 HD adds a rear cross brace. The 1x2 is 11ga. the rear plates are 1/4 thick.

Unfortunately there is really not much out there when it comes to a solid swing arm for a good price. I have been tempted myself with the looks of the swingarm shop swing arms. The price is good but from what I hear and read is the quality just isn't there. As far as extending a stock swing arm that's a route you don't want to go either..

The Swing Arm Shop do not have a good reputation when it comes to strength and quality.

Steer away from the stocker modifications.

for normal hard trail riding you'll be just fine with the new HD swinger from ebay,
i have only seen one crack, not sure if that was the old style or HD ?
but it was here, ridden extremely hard in the roughest, rockiest stuff known to mankind.
i know of 2 others who have been here with swingarm shop swingers and had no problems

Thanks for the replys. Im definitely not extending my stock arm it just seems like it always ends up bad or they get so much extra material added that they have to weigh a ton afterwards. I may just try my luck with an ebay arm then. I do know a guy that builds suspension setups on drag cars so I may give him a call see what he has to say about building me one. I wish Ken was making those arms still what a bummer.

Ebay has a Pro-X arm on there that comes with a round house carrier for $650. Has anyone ever had any experience with one of these? They look pretty cool just dont know anything about them.

We had 2 swing arm shop swingers with no problems (+4) I sold one to GB blaster and we still have one. Do your homework though. Don't get one cause they look cool. You need to realize that both extended axle and extended swing arm promote wheel spin. An unported blaster is fine with a stock length swingarm IMO. It's when you get into the porting, head mod, and bigger carb that it's needed. We do not like the +4 swingers. Why put $1000 into your motor just to spin tires. We will be doing some tesing this year with +3's.

. Why put $1000 into your motor just to spin tires. We will be doing some tesing this year with +3's.

i run a +2 on my white bike, but.....i did some thinking and measuring.
with +1 forward arms, a +3 swinger puts the footpegs dead center between the wheel centers.
the perfect balance ? for weight distribution ? jumps ? possibly in whoop sections when the bike should be allowed to pivot front to back underneath you ?
a +2 should do the same for stock a-arms.

i may just grab a +3 swingarm shop for testing, the black bikes +4 extended stocker has cracked/rewelded, so it needs one anyway

I really can't comment on my +3 yet. It has only seen a little bit of dirt. On my road it feels pretty balanced. I have +1 a arms too. I never thought about measuring the location of pegs in relation to the rest of the bike. Makes perfect sense though.

I just can't stand a bike that spins to much. My banshee is horrible when it comes to tire spin. Hopefully the -1 swingarm will help :D

i wonder of any other atv or bike has the pegs centered between the wheels ?
maybe pegs moved back would help with traction ?
where's phragle when we need him ?

how do you like the +2? I want one just to give me a little extra wheel base to glide over dips and uneven surfaces easier instead of the constant jolts you get because of the short wheelbase.

how do you like the +2? I want one just to give me a little extra wheel base to glide over dips and uneven surfaces easier instead of the constant jolts you get because of the short wheelbase.

i like my +2, it seems just enuf to do what i need, slightly more stability, helps keeps the front end down yet allows me to float the front end at speed when needed

If you want the HD swingarm from Ebay you will need to send them an email and they will create an auction for it and send you the auction number. I think that is the direction I am going to go for now.

I was wanting to get a 2 or 3 in extended arm. It sounds like a 2 inch may be the way to go. I don't have anything besides bolt on parts on the motor so I dont really need it to keep the front end down at least for now. Thanks for the heads up on how to get a HD arm from them. I was gonna ask if anyone had a picture of the HD arm so I know if they are getting me the correct part? Thanks again for all the info this site has helped a lot over the years

This is the picture that was sent. The main difference being the additional rear cross brace and instead of the shock mount being welded inside the bars it is through the bars. Plus thicker material. I believe they said the HD comes in +3 so the additional cross brace can be added.
upload_2014-3-12_9-57-40.png

I run 2 swingarm shop hd swingarms. I have had zero issues with them. One is a chrome roundhouse the other stock style carrier. I do not race mx with it but have put it through years of hard trail riding with zero issues. The one that uses a stock style carrier survived awk mountain for the weekend I was there. I say you will be fine with a hd style. However I am not sure if it can survive a mx track day in and day out. The triples and doubles can do a big toll on the swingarm. It may or may not survive but I would hate to see someone find out the hard way.

Hey.:). You guys get youre stuff right ! Then come down here to Busco Beach in N.C ..And..
.Wheeeel See Wat U Got !;)