Stupid question about Banshees

Blaster_Kart

Sep 29, 2008
BSL NC
So I am shopping for a Banshee, and have been watching some videos of them in my spare time. I ran across this vid on youtube that pretty much said opening two slides with a thumb throttle gets rough on the thumb...Does that sound like a panzy talking, or it that really something to think about when youre talking about twin carb bikes? We do only trail riding, and I dont want a cramping thumb due to twin slides wearing me out...

This sounds stupid just going back and reading it, but I never really thought about it...

i have riding my friends shee and its not all that bad cause you tend to forget about it when your racing around and doing hill climbs and sh*t.

I wouldn't about that as much as I'd worry about the ugly radiator sticking out from the front lol

Ugly? I love the look of a Banshee snout :) Yeah I doubted it was that big of an issue or I probably would have heard of it before now.

Thanks.

dude, I think thumb cramps are gonna happen on any quad. Especially if your hauling ass going over woops and stuff holding on tight. I get them all the time whether riding a 450 or a blaster. You just gotta take a rest here and there when riding.

And eat a banana.;)

Who gets a Banshee for trail riding? Ya maybe back in the 90s... That thing has terrible weight distribution, lowsy shocks... even if you upgrade they arn't that great. The power I don't really consider trail friendly either.

Sorry I don't really care for Banshees in the first place, and I especially hate them in the woods. I have alot of experiance with them from 'trail' machines to full blown 90hp monsters and everything inbetween.

But if its a good deal, I understand its hard to pass up. But I personally would never have a trail banshee.

dude, I think thumb cramps are gonna happen on any quad. Especially if your hauling ass going over woops and stuff holding on tight. I get them all the time whether riding a 450 or a blaster. You just gotta take a rest here and there when riding.

And eat a banana.;)

lose the death grip and that will never happen.....

when I first started riding I held on as tight as I could

now I barely even hang on.... alot off the times flying threw the air only my fingertips are touching the bars...

bottom line dont hang on so tight lol.....

I used to death grip my R1 but one long trip made me learn really fast how to loosen my grip up

lose the death grip and that will never happen.....

when I first started riding I held on as tight as I could

now I barely even hang on.... alot off the times flying threw the air only my fingertips are touching the bars...

bottom line dont hang on so tight lol.....

good advice... only time i hold on tight is when sideways ( cuz my weight is hanginf over the side of the quad) and threw really really rouch sections.. other wise its holdin on tight enough to keep control

Who gets a Banshee for trail riding? Ya maybe back in the 90s... That thing has terrible weight distribution, lowsy shocks... even if you upgrade they arn't that great. The power I don't really consider trail friendly either.

Sorry I don't really care for Banshees in the first place, and I especially hate them in the woods. I have alot of experiance with them from 'trail' machines to full blown 90hp monsters and everything inbetween.

But if its a good deal, I understand its hard to pass up. But I personally would never have a trail banshee.

I just love Banshees. We have some pretty wide open trails here, so you have plenty of opportunity to rip down long stretches, or drift around in a field.

I just love Banshees. We have some pretty wide open trails here, so you have plenty of opportunity to rip down long stretches, or drift around in a field.

Ok ya got me there. That sounds like some nice Banshee riding.
I know with the trails around here, the trails are a little tighter, the straight aways & fire roads are probably 20%-30% of the ride.

actually i think this is right although i have a twist on mine its gets really tiring after a while
infact i recently had my mechanic take it the double springs in the carbs and put one in but the throttle kept jamming

one problem when you put the 1 carb conversion on a banshee they seem to get really boggy, brother had a 421 trinity stroker before the owner sold it to us he put on 1 34pj and it was horrible off the line especilly for a hill climb wheeler, case and point ride through the pain and go for the 2 carbs