Stock motor! Going all out need advice!

Speiser15

Feb 20, 2011
Circle Pines, MN
Well i have a stock 01 blaster! Waiting for toomey to get stock back into there pipes and thats the first mod! In the mean time getting a vforce 3 reeds. Then hopefully a cfm airbox and now to the fun part. I was thinkin of sending my motor to ken which is a lot of money but owell eaither that or there is a good race shop by my house. What should i get done everyone one says head maching, porting and vitos stroker with a block off kit. But all i do is trail ride i ride fast and what not im not putsin but i want power in this sucker. Any suggestions and what should i tell them when i wanna get it done just say make it fast lol

Also how do i know what my jetting i shloud start out at with doing all of this cuz everything will be brand new espically if i get a 34mm carb

Ken O'Connor aggressive trail port with a +3 stroker, boyeson ports, head machining, timing advance +3 and a dynoport pipe.
Get you're gearing right, 20 inch rims for clearance with 14 tooth front sprocket. Keihin 35mil carb

Call Ken, he'll sort you out with what you can get with your price range. He'll give you a rough jetting number.

Suspension first!
Long travel a arms if you've the budget.
Elka if you have the cash but if not there's second hand Works going from 100-400.

if you looking to make more power you can start with a good right bend pipe, lrd, dynoport, and get a 34mm carb, then see how you like it, then get some porting if you want more and the head cut, you can do a stroker if you really think you need it but if your trailriding you probably don't even need it

what does it actually do when they cut the head down i wanna get an agressive trail port done and vforce reeds with a pipe and a new carb with a new airbox

cutting the head will increase compression, you can search the site there is alot of info on it

if you looking to make more power you can start with a good right bend pipe, lrd, dynoport, and get a 34mm carb, then see how you like it, then get some porting if you want more and the head cut, you can do a stroker if you really think you need it but if your trailriding you probably don't even need it
Right Bend pipes dont always make more power....