steel wool

dirtyblaster

Mar 26, 2007
my lrd pipe is packing is blown out, has anybody ever packed it with steel wool before? my uncle is like a master mechanic he says to use that but has anybody ever used it? if yes how does it work?

I have never heard of using steel wool. Cant you buy new packing?

I've never heard of using steel wool. You should try it then tell us how it works. Do your own little experiment

it worked way better that that crappy packing that you buy, but some pieces are coming out right now so i reccomend put 3 blue strips of masking tape around the packing so it does not blow out, after all it sounds great!

dirtyblaster said:
it worked way better that that crappy packing that you buy, but some pieces are coming out right now so i reccomend put 3 blue strips of masking tape around the packing so it does not blow out, after all it sounds great!
thats cool :D

it works but ti is really hard to get it to stay together when you are packing it so i reccomend get A LOT of steel wool

Only thing I use steel wool for is shining my exhaust tips on my car. I don't even have a clue what this packing stuff is. But anyway, steel wool works THE BEST on stainless steel cleaning :)

Anyone know what happens when you put a match to steel wool?
I use Owens Corning fiberglass insulation.

the steel wool should not light when you put a match to it. Pretty much the only way to light steel wool is put some sort of electrical charge to it.