Steel Braided Brake Lines

zcarlson12

Apr 16, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I recently bought a complete front brake kit from an '03 blaster including '03 spindles, calipers, rotors, hubs, lines, and master cylinder. I wanted to know if the steel braided lines, say the 3 piece set from ASR, make that big of a difference. I'm putting the kit on next week but I just wondered if I should go ahead and change the lines now or do it after this mx season. Thanks.

You may feel just a little difference if the rubber lines are old. The main benefits I see are easy mounting and good looks.

I recently bought a complete front brake kit from an '03 blaster including '03 spindles, calipers, rotors, hubs, lines, and master cylinder. I wanted to know if the steel braided lines, say the 3 piece set from ASR, make that big of a difference. I'm putting the kit on next week but I just wondered if I should go ahead and change the lines now or do it after this mx season. Thanks.

My experience is the three set is a pain to mount I had the speedline set on my sons, I got the double lines with longer banjo bolt, no streamlines, Much easier to mount. As far as braking better, Ehhhh can't say, but the braided will take a beating alot more than the rubber or hard lines!

Do it now and be done with it JMO!

The main advantage is that you do away with the expansion that you get with stock rubber lines under hard braking giving the brake handle a little firmer feel. I don't think most people will even notice the improvement .

The main advantage is that you do away with the expansion that you get with stock rubber lines under hard braking giving the brake handle a little firmer feel. I don't think most people will even notice the improvement .

Not a blaster anyway. Maybe a big bore 4 stroke that goes fast a lot, or a streetbike. But a blaster? Neh. More looks and personal preference.

Cross Drilled Brake Lines, Muffler Bearings, Adjustable Powerband??? I didn't know they made them for Blasters. I wonder if they sell elbow grease too? 8-|